I want cut bisoprolol at all

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi,

I Hope someone can help me,it all started ater being diagnosed with hypertension my bp was constantly 14/80 and 160/80 when climbing stairs, am on bisoprolol 5mg for 5 weeks and my bp now is 111/65 when climbing my bp is now 120/70. i feel ok better than before, i changed my lifestyle 360 degree for better, am just suffering from side effect am everytime tyred, headheache, constipation and irritation. Can someone orientate me how to start biso withdraw am just 30 years old.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

how old are you? AS those readings arent that high

its 91+ plus the persons age apartly but due to new rules everyone has to have bp of a 20 year old

• Posted

Thanks for replaying on my concerns, would you please explain about my readings which were'nt high.

• Posted

/80 is a good low number ambulance man once told me people struggle more if lower number is high

the top number is a little high but my doc states that 140/100 for me is no concern and ive been informed to stop bisoprolol

• Posted

The 2 figures are the measurements of the pressure in your arteries when the heart rests to fill with blood (diastolic pressure) and when the heart contracts to pump the blood out of the heart (systolic pressure). The top figure (systolic) isn't as important but the bottom figure is. It shouldn't be above 90. Did you have any chest pain? Bisoprolol is a beta blocker. We used to use beta blockers for hypertension but not usually now. Its more usual to use a beta blocker for chest pain or arrythmia (uneven heart beat). For hypertension, we usually use an ACE inhibitor. If you're having side effects that you can't tolerate, you need to see your GP. Without knowing exactly why you were put on Bisoprolol, you shouldn't just stop taking it without consulting your doctor.

• Posted

Dear Susan,

I never had a chest pain, just bp as mentioned before , but my bp systolic just increases when i take salty food or a coffee. When i went to contact doc he tryied biso for 2 weeks, as many o you i did know much about biso so two weeks i had some simptoms which i felt is because of the hypertension, but since my bp came down to 115/65 and heart rate 60. i noticed the symptoms persist and honestly with this tyredness i can lose my job. just to mention that i never had problem with heart beat before biso it was around 90 to 97 prior all this starts.

I decided today i will not take biso anymore even without my docs recommendation because he never used this drug, until thursday if no major withdraw effects i will contact the doc inform him everithing.

Iam frustrated because i don't want to loose my job.

Once again thanks,

• Posted

if your heart rate was 90+ before you started the bisoprolol that is a good reason to put you on it. Beta blockers work by slowing the heart rate so that each heart beat is more effective. For example. My heart rate was always around 80, which is ok but I was put on bisoprolol for angina and my heart rate is now around 55. You need to talk to your doctor about the side effects. There are other drugs you could try.

• Posted

sorry maybe i havent explained it right there was a mix up at doc and instead of getting bp mointor i was handed a ace inhibtor which when i took sent my hr up must have mixed with antibotics i was on

gp said stop last week personally i know weaning is less painfull

• Posted

sorry wrong post ive replied to susan on

• Posted

sorry just saw your 30 definetly not that high

i was on 5mg and cut the 5mg in half its easier in the larger doses to get down its the smaller final ones that are tough

• Posted

susan is correct never stop betablockers without speaking to your GP and if Gp says stop taper down first never ever stop abrubtly could worse the condition

• Posted

try reducing the dose by cutting in half and see how you get on do not stop taking without a gp speaking to you first if you can take half a dose for one day speak to gp in morning

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.