I want some advise on Gabapentin and if I should continue using it?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all, I have recently been prescribed Gabapentin from my eye doctor to try and help with my condition called Nystagmus. Its basically my eye involuntarily moving from side to side which causes my vision to blur and generally gives me a hard time seeing things too well.

I have been on Fluoxetine for over a year for Anxiety, social anxiety and depression and its not really worked very well for any of them. Lifestyle changes have been the best medicine I could possibly ask for.

I am now only on day 2 of Gabapentin, but as I know from taking SSRI's for many years in the past, the withdrawal can be hell on Earth.

So, any people who have taken this drug, I would really appreciate your thoughts on if its worth me taking this drug or not? I do suffer very badly with anxiety and it does say it can be used off label for that, as its primarily for seizures. So I was thinking it could help my eye and my anxiety killing two Birds with one stone? Thanks for reading.

0 likes, 46 replies

46 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi

It looks likely now that the nerve pain and other nerve symptoms are related to the newly diagnosed lung condition/inflammation. I think everything is just inflamed and irritated.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.