I wAnt some suggestion and oppinion about my thyroid value

Posted , 3 users are following.

hey guys,

i have ran thyroid blood test a few days ago, and my free t4 was 24.4pmol and the doc said , it is the boarder of the normal range, but my symptoms was not go away, i still feel dizzy and anxiety , i think the value is still high for me,, so what your opinion on that value,, help me

What are the real normal range always for a men to feel stable?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Peter

Before I can comment can you tell me what the free T4 range was and what your free T3 and TSH are with their ranges too?

• Posted

You need to always get a copy of your lab reports.  These will show your values and in brackets the ranges for normal for each test.  These figures differ from lab to lab so without that information, no one can help you. 
  • Posted

Hi Peter, I will try to help with the limited info you have.  It sounds like your doctor is saying the T4 is at the top of the range and TSH is within range.  The T4 is the main thyroid hormone.As TSH is normal and the T4 is high, it can indicate that you are at the edge of hyperthryoid.  This would explain why you are feeling the way you are.  Everyone has a different optimal point within the ranges where they feel better.  My T4 is currently 17.2 (range 11.50 - 22.70) T3 is 3.6 (0.0 - 7.00) and TSH 1.68 (0.3 - 05.5) and I feel well.  It is a matter of getting into the right place for you .Other tests have to be done tho, just those tests aren't diagnostic and you need further testing.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.