I want to do vasectomy but fear it will hurt

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hello I been searching about people got their vasectomy done and if there was any problem years after that some people said they get chronic pain So if anyone can tell me how it was Befor and after years that it was done thanks

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Look for the post vasectomy pain threads, there are dozens of guys complaining about having pain and many their lives entirely ruined.  I had 7 months of pain and had it reversed and I'm still not back to even close to normal.  The studies are showing up to 15% of men have some kind of post vasectomy pain.  It's one thing I wish I never had done.

• Posted

Yea I want to do it but I don't want to get the pain and stuff that some people have

• Posted

We all wanted to do it, and none of us wanted life long pain either.  If you do it you will risk the chance of having immediate pain or pain later down the road.  Most people do it and don't have these issues, but for those of us that do it's a condsiderable blow to our quality of life.

• Posted

Like most things that seem to good to be true, it IS.Do not touch a Vasectomy with a bargepole.At least 20% of men regret having it done. The trouble is you will not get a honest answer from anyone connected with Vasectomies. Ask an insurance broker if you need insurance and I suspect you know the answer!! If I could have my time again it would save me hours and hours of pain, ruined sex, better sleep and distress by NOT having the horrible Vasectomy. Just don't do it.

• Posted

Hi... im now in week 5 after the op... i was all for it.. but now i wouldnt hav even thought about if i could go back.... after op i was in pain for 2 weeks and they had to go back in right side bcos tube attached itself to the incission they made to go in threw scar tissue.... week 3 to 4 agony.. pain shooting from bottom of my testicle ip and straight into my abdonam just under beely button... given antibiotics and told infection in tube running up and down into testicle.. week 5 pain is worse feels like the other end of tube is now attached ti the bottom of my testicle or scrotum... severe jolts of pain from testicle right up tubes and into my abdonam...even thu the tube has been severed.. im on very strong pain killers and they do nothing for these jolts of pain.... not to mention the consant dull pain . The same pain as if u had just hurt your testies with a knock.... i also feel my testicle is out if place.. dnt no if that posssible... nut now when i sit . Move .. lie down it seems to be in the way ... i was on a discussion before and said do whats best for you and your family....well now a would say do whats best for you and DO NOT TOUCH THEM.... good luck with your decision... roll on week 6...lol
  • Posted

Dam I don't know what to do now it's on my mine I think my dad had his done long time ago I was thinking bout asking didn't get a chance to call him yet will call him tonight and see

• Posted

The procedure itself was painless. My Urologist used a local anesthetic and I felt nothing. I could smell the burning when he cauterized the vas deferens, but there was no pain whatsoever. However, I would recommend you not get a vasectomy. I have had erection problems since mine, and I had it done five years ago.  At first there was not a problem. But after a couple months, I began to experience a reduction of blood flow into the chambers of my penis, soft erections with less length than before my vascetomy (and I am not hung like a horse to begin with so this has been a disaster), totally flaccid immediately after ejaculation, and visual stimuli has no impact to produce a stiffy. My libido is as high if not higher than ever, but I have lost the 5.5--6 inch erection that I had before the vasectomy. I am about 4" semi hard now-- a big disappointment. And I cannot maintain even a soft erection without manual stimulation. I am otherwise a very healthy middle-aged man with no health issues. I am currently contemplating a vasectomy reversal to try to regain my former sexual vitality. What has happened to me I attribute to the vasectomy. I had no problem before I had it done, but problems afterward. I hope a reversal will solve the problems. Again, be careful what you believe from the medical professionals about vasectomy.  I do not believe the candidates for vasectomy are getting the straight scoop on the risks involved with having this procedure done simply because the risks have not been entirely known. More information about the risks and negative outcomes are just beginning to be discovered and made known to the male public. 

• Posted

I was wondering what about the other people that had no problem they probably got lucky
    • Posted

Lucky is one way of putting it.  While it could be that there body has not yet adjusted to the vasectomy, I think it is fair to say that we are not all the same as far as how we are going to be impacted by the vasectomy. Each of our bodies tend to respond a bit differently.  I think anyone contemplating a vasectomy has to seriously consider the fact that while there are those who have had no problem, or at least have not recognized any noteworthy problem thus far, that fact is by far not universal among the men that have undergone vasectomy. Many now have erectile dysfunction and many along with that, have ongoing pain issues.  The likelihood of someone being among those who have no problem is a crap shoot. Maybe one will, maybe one won't.  But there clearly is more risk of erectile dysfunction from vasectomy than is communicated by Urologists and the risk is being borne out by those who had it done and are now chiming in on vasectomy blogs and forums. 

• Posted

The pain just think like you got kicked in the nuts. That's just until the local kicks in then you really can't feel too much. But once that stuff wears I got the ice bag and Tylenol with codine.

• Posted

How long ago u got it done ? Do u have any pain still?
    • Posted

I got it done a week and a half ago. They do the procedure on Fridays so you have the weekend too recover.  The pain for me more than I thought it would be since my co-worker got it done and didn't have that much pain. But everyone one is different when it comes to surgery. I took the week off of work, my balls where black and blue until Wednesday but then everything started to subside and get better.  But for those first five days after the procedure man was I hurting no joke.

• Posted

Yeah people's telling my on this forum that they get pains after years off the surgery so I afraid to do it

• Posted

Everyone expects some pain at surgery, but getting pain side effects years later when contraception isnt even needed is absurd and the medics can do nothing,at best taking pain killers and only getting some help.This opperation should be discontinued. The only people gaining are the ones getting a living hurting inocent men.              

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.