I want to get fitter.

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am 78 years old female, and feel like I am letting everything slide. My breathing is not very good, and I would like to do something positive about it. Looked up this C25K info, and it seems anyone who can walk, can work up to doing some running. Wondered if anyone has experience in this area.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hello there,

Walking at a brisk pace 3 or 4 times a week (minimum half an hour)  is just as beneficial as running .. and at our age .. much easier on the knees! (smile).

You don't say whether you smoke, but you really will have to stop if you want to improve your lung capacity.

Neither do you say whether you have COPD or not, but if you do, the NHS run amazing Pulmonary Rehabilitation courses. It's hard work .. If I recall correctly, 3 days a week for 6 weeks .. but it is FANTASTIC. You'll come away feeling like a new woman!

Good luck

Jo

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.