I want to go on citrolpram from venlafaxine? ? what are the pros & con??

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi I'm on lithium & venlafaxine. . Venlafaxine since March don't feel much off it at all.. which I didn't really expect too.. my doc says not more they can do now as drugs are limited to take together. I mo from looking back on here citrolpram seems to be a good drug so would like to hear more please. I really need help cnt go out like this .. just no feel for life at all ??

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Never been on any of those sharon12462 i'm on Lamotragine and Quinipine which work for me and help my Bi polar.

• Posted

Iv been on quetiapine before lithium.. thr lithium works fine just not having much look with ad side of things. The pdr says after me trying sirtraline for 2 years ..all it did was make me yawn she then put me on mirt I'm surprised I'm alive today after that.. side effects never known anything like it.. she then pt me on venlafaxine even though she said it wnt agree with me .. as there arnt any ad left that go with lithium as it's unusual I need anything (what a load of rubbish) I suggested citrolpram as many on here have it.. her reply we dnt have much use for it here..my friends son has just been prescribed it after just getting depression after a marriage break up.. I dnt no what she's playing at. BT I cnt go on like this . I cnt sleep so have to take zopiclone nw to. She new I wouldn't sleep because of my severe racing thoughts ..ven makes it worse. Cnt carry on like this ??

• Posted

That sounds awful you should be able to speak to someone else about this to get it sorted out. 
  • Posted

Hi Sharon iv been on cetalapram for a couple of years found it worked well also been on venlafaxine still am only on 37.5 now been weening myself off it horrid drug ! And now about to start lithium did you find that helped!!!! Bit un shaw wished some of the doctors knew how it felt to feel so unwell take care
    • Posted

Hi Amanda I find lithium is really good with stablising your moods.. never have a high.. I have really bad depression though that's the part I can't seem to get better ??

• Posted

amanda,

as crazy as this sounds, when i got down to 37.5 of venlafaxine, i literally had to open the capsules up and take out about 4 beads a week until i got down to one. it was horrifying how hard it was to get off of this drug with all of the brain zaps, etc. i also did something called " the prozac bridge" that you can research. i took 10 mg prozac during the draw down phase. it made all of the difference. if it gets really bad you can pm me. it took me 6 months to wean off of this med.......

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.