I want to know how many of us REALLY have the shakes.

Posted , 6 users are following.

I was reading back on an earlier discussion of nebulizing and Elizabeth commented on using Albuterol for 14 yrs and got the shakes. but hers lessened with time.

I have not used albuterol that consistently at all, in fact years without it. I'm on Symbicort and before that Advair.  Been on a drug like that for 20+ years, to give u some history.

But about 2 years ago I noticed my hand shaking while using the mouse.  I'm on the computer most of the day typing and so this appeared consistently and gradually gotten a bit worse.  So I learned to hold my left hand over my right hand to steady it at first.  THEN I found the left hand shook like when trying to put on mascara and now I can't hold the mirror in my left hand to fix my hair with the right hand as the BOTH shake when trying to do that - I'm right handed & even playing cards I couldn't lay something down without my hand shaking.  I asked the Pulm dr. and he said the inhalers can do that.   THEN I noticed my head sort of shaking a slight bit as I'm sitting typing.  Nobody sees that I don't think and it's hardly often. And more recently I was sitting down and leaned over trying to pick up a mug of tea and my hand shook terribly and the tea sloshed all over the place and I screamed for help for my husband to come and try to control the mug but the damage was done by the time he got there but he saw what happened.  so sometimes it happens and other times it doesn't and sometimes it's worse than other times.. This may be just part of some peoples' aging process and I'm trying to pinpoint whether it's the inhalers or possibly something else.

Anyway I want to know if anyone else who uses the steroid inhalers or Albuterol or maybe even Spiriva which is not a steroid but similar to albuterol has these same symptoms. I don't want to go and have my head examined as you can imagine but want to know if it's more common and that I'm not the only one!!!  : )  AND if nobody does have the same type symptoms then I'll just know I'm aging weirdly.

Oh, and if anyone has an idea for a solution let me know please.

Tabatha.

Tabatha

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Tabatha, I agree with broadsword that having your healthcare provider check you is the best option. They sound like tremors, but I cannot even say that that is true. I don't think that me giving some idea of waht is going on witll be the slightest bit of help to you for various reasons. Therefore I say get to your HCP as soon as you can.

Oh, while I have your attention I can not find the "non-acidic" Vitamnin C. Is it essential?

Please let us know as soon as you find out what it is. I'm sure it is scary for you.

Russ

• Posted

Well, thank you, Russ, I'm going to do that and am calling a GP today as I do not have one.  It's not scary at all now as it's been a couple of years of its happening but it IS FRUSTRATING.  I had beautiful handwriting when I was young and it was very small with long upper and lower loops etc. then as I got older it got more assertive looking and much less pretty but hand personality I guess you could say and then arthritis hit and it all became as big as the upper and lower loops were and now?  ha ha it's all shaky and all over the place like maybe taking up two lines instead of one and it's all loops.  ha ha ha

That should make everyone's day - it is funny in a way but fortunately we don't need to write much anymore, do we?  with computers it's mainly all done for us.

I WILL let u know what the dr. says but I'm certain it's essential tremor.

The non-acidic Vit. C , whch is buffered with 610 mg of calcium ascorbate I recommend because it means it's more alkaline where the other is acidic and you/we get enough acidity in our diets.  The calcium in it also makes it taste much better otherwise it tastes very strong and not a happy taste and you won't like it.  I don't know why they make it.  It's probably not worth buying the other one because it's a whole bottle of powder you'd have to get thru or waste.

I did tell you where I bought it, didn't I?   online?  If they are out of stock try another online place as it's commonly sold.  I'll send u a link.

Tabatha

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.