I want to know if I have LS

Posted , 5 users are following.

So for the past 8 months now i have realized that after my menstruations i have been experiencing tears and lil bumps on my clitoris, it last for a week or two then leaves after i use fucidin cream on it.Sometimes i get a fishy odor, i have been reading up alot on google to find out what is wrong with me. These things only shows up after my period. Anyone cares to share their experiences with their first flare up? what were your symptoms like?

Thank you

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

JBar,

1. I have not read anywhere that LS is associated with an odor (that would come from a bacterial or fungal infection or skin deterioration).
    2. Bumps could be attributable to all kinds of things.
    3. The "steroytype" of initial LS symptoms is "uncontrollable itching" "small tears in the skin, perhaps from scratching" and white papery patches. Longer-term symptoms seem to involve burning, redness, sores, labial fusing, etc. You aren't describing any of these typical symptoms.
    4. Yeast events with LS tend to come in tandem with steroid use, so if you're not using steroids, then that doesn't point to LS.

I suppose it is possible that you have LS, but to my completely unprofessional ear, it sounds to me like you might have something else going on. What I would say I have learned from this is...go to your doctor. You are better off suffering through an embarrassing appointment and finding that you have something mundane, than ignoring a disease that needs to be treated to protect you.

• Posted

thank you snappycat. will check i out again, my doc didn't diagnosed me, he just prescribed the cream I've been using

• Posted

JBar - If your doc diagnosed you with LS, are you using a steroid?

Fucidin is an antibacterial...it is not indicated for LS, but perhaps for one of your other issues?

If I were in your shoes I'd go back to doc.

• Posted

SC, there's an exception to every rule. I went to see the gyn a year and a half ago because of a fleeting internal itch and odor. I had no outer itching or signs of anything unusual so assumed I needed flagyl (which worked for me years ago). Was diagnosed with LS and told "sometimes something that's external feels internal". I know internal from external so told the gyn I would try the hormone cream and steroid but wanted a script for the flagyl on hand if the internal itch did not subside. Ended up taking the flagyl which whacked down the itch significantly. I would rinse with a mild baking soda solution whenever I noticed odor. Seemed heat related. Has since ceased altogether. Wish I could say the same re the LS which still causes no terribly uncomfortable symptoms other than a buzzing feeling in the clitoral hood. Have applied clob for several months running. Just now easing off.

LS can manifest itself differently and is therefore difficult to diagnose. After all, they really don't know what the disease is or what causes it. If it's a lack of estrogen and older women typically are those who suffer with it why do women in their 30's get it? But I don't believe anyone knows what causes psoriasis either. They call something an autoimmune disease but why does a body attack itself? So until such questions can be answered it's only steroids or immunosuppressants for us.

• Posted

Yes, I'm 32 and my "LS" Started after struggling with BV/yeast - I'm 100% convinced not getting that under control caused LS (if i do indeed have it). I'm currently treating my body as if I do have LS bc I don't want to regret it later with anatomy changes. I also seem to continually get yeast and BV from the Clob. So its just a really crappy cycle that I can't figure out

• Posted

Hannah - I suspect that your LS is totally linked to your BV/yeast, but maybe not in the way that you think.

LS is thought to be an auto-immune disorder. That means that when your immune system gets revved up (any kind of an illness...BV, flu, surgery, infection...) part of attacking the real issue - BV - then expands into attacking perfectly good tissue...your vulva. So, your BV was probably the trigger, but what we all search for is...what made my immune system go haywire??? Could be vitamin/mineral deficiency, abundance of hormones in our food, abundance of toxins in our foods, genetic predisposition, or some combination of all.

What does this mean in a practical sense...every time you get sick, be CAREFUL about your LS. If you have a surgical procedure, you get an infection, get a GI bug...pay close attention to your LS...you may have a flare or some fusing...etc...

That's my take on it...for whatever it is worth.

• Posted

hannah, ask you doc to prescribe a tube of nystatin ointment. My gyn prescribed it for me to use along with the hormone cream. It's an anti-fungal which seems to keep soreness under control for me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.