I want to learn more about granuloma anularre

Posted , 7 users are following.

I have been diagnosed with GA and over the last year went from 2 dime sized circles of bumps on both my inner biceps to large areas of dark red pigmentation on my legs and elbows.has anyone had a similar experience and might it actually go away?? Am hopingsmile!!!

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi brendaa, was diagnosed with granduloma over a year ago. At about the same time my became swollen. I ended up at an allergist and discovered I had been bit by a tick causing allergy to red meat and histamines. I was given a steroid cream. The first cream did not do anything for it. And it was awful. I spread all over my stomach, side breast, thighs and arms. I felt like it was taking over my body! I found this forum and someone mentioned eliminating gluten from the diet helped them. I eliminated gluten and limit foods high in histamines. I also went to a different dermatologist who gave me a large tub of steroid cream. I believe eliminating gluten was key to the rash fading. I barely have signs of it now. I do occasionally eat gluten and foods high in histamines. Most times if I eat too much the rash will begin to reappear. I cut out gluten completely and use some of the cream and it goes away. So I feel it is definitely connected to the foods we eat. My triggers are gluten, histamines and I'm not sure about the red meat and the rash as this all surfaced around the same time frame. I hope this helps you! It was trial and error but I do have it under control at this time.
    • Posted

Thanks kindly Sabrina. I was not aware that foods contained histamines so I will definitely look into that and I will also try a gluten free diet.
  • Posted

Do you use Allegra or any kind of allergy meds? I had GA for almost 10 years. I stopped taking Allegra and mine went away and have stayed gone for months now. 
  • Posted

Hi Brenda , this seems to be the circle of GA, tiny spots , grow bigger in circles , symetrical, I have purple raised bits on both feet, I used lots of steroids there, I Don't recommend using steroids , thins skin etc

Had in legs but bit better, have tried U.V.B treatment that's not worked either, I moisturise with diprobase cream every night, but feet blotches just the same, warning! I sat in sun for hour and new batches of circles appeared the next day, like you don't understand it at all? Hope yours gone soon, I think it decides itself when it's going, as people on here have tried umpteen treatments , hoping on a miracle cure? All the best Helen

• Posted

Thanks Helen! I have been trying to keep as covered as I can when in the sun but I love the sun so it's a drag. But it's not supposed to be good for us anywaysmile all the best to you too. I am hoping it may go away within 2 years as apparently it does for most people but am aware it could be chronic. Take care.
  • Posted

i had ga on my elbow and other places that fortunately were not very visible with clothing on. i finally found a dermatologist that knew what they were doing.  in just a few weeks by a combination of using Ultravate ointment and Plaquenil orally. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.