I want to replace Smoking weed for Ritalin to cure my ADHD

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello Everyone and thank you for putting the time to read my post.

I have been smoking weed for well over 10 years now and it helps me with my focus and gives me the energy/will to actually sit down and do work. I work 12 hours a day and have a lot of things that I need to get done on a daily basis and a lot of them require critical thinking. When I don't smoke I don't really feel like working or even focusing. I have severe ADHD since I was a child and can't listen to someone more than 5 minutes. Weed has helped me throughout these years but I have decided to stop smoking weed since it gets me lazy, it makes me forget stuff and hurts my memory and it makes me anxious and won't let me have sharp communications.

I have done some research and came to realise that I can use Ritalin for a replacement in order to focus and get by with my day to day work. And I should have probably been diagnosed long ago with it. However, I am not so sure whether this is the right decision to make or that Ritalin would even help my case.

So I am writing this post to reach out for suggestions on my issue. I would highly appreciate a response from people who might have experienced the same thing or might have a clue about it.

Regards,

Kass

1 like, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.