I want to run away from my mind! Trapped...

Posted , 6 users are following.

since the day before Christmas I have been having bowel issues. I have been going to the bathroom in the morning but when I lay back down I have rectal pressure and sporadic abdominal pain. The pain is in different places and comes and goes. Since then I have had a decrease in appetite and weight loss. My bm are regular but today they were normal in size but the last of them were skinnier. I thought I saw red blood mixed but can’t be sure.  I have been very gaseous and my stomach is constantly making noise. Blood work and Abdominal CT Scan looked good. Going see gi doc Wednesday. I’m sure he will order a colonoscopy. I can’t stop obsessing. I’m being told this is why I’m having rectal pressure....anxiety. Yesterday and today I feel blah! I have already given myself a death sentence. I wake up many times during the night and pray to Be healed. I know I cant change anything and you cannot diagnose me but I have no one to talk to. My parents get aggravated with me and make an excuse for every symptom. Is the pain constant with this type of cancer.?would a ct scan/blood work showed something? I guess I’ll know Wednesday. I just had to get these feeling out to someone. Thanks for listening. Prayers to you all.

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hello Heidi.  Sorry that you are in so much pain. I know how you feel I have suffered for years with gut issues and all that goes with it. Yes a ct scan would show up cancer my sister was diagnosed with colon cancer and a different kind of cancer I her lungs last Oct. I would ask for the colonoscopy though. Good luck. 
  • Posted

Heidi it could be a lot of things my doctors deal me the anxiety card all the time if you are young the chance of cancer is rare I have rectal pressure to peace of mind is everything please don't think the worst mine was colitis and I was on steroids for 3 months and no longer have issues prayers to you and I hope you get answers soon

• Posted

Heidi,

Relax. Your symptoms are recent so there is no need for concern. 

A colonoscopy is a great idea, so make sure you do that. 

Blood on stools can mean many things and you have not ignored your symptoms but are being resourceful.

That’s all you can do.  

Great going ! 

Life is uncertain sometimes and it is usually fine. Get the colonoscopy and you will feel better Heidi.

• Posted

i definitely will. Thanks 😁 it’s always nice to hear from someone else. Prayers to you. 

• Posted

Hi Heidi was wondering if u had your colonoscopy and how you were doing. I also have very bad anxiety and know how you feel. To make you feel better yes if there was something wrong they would have seen it on the ct scan I did have a precancerous polyp and it was seen on my scan I had the colonoscopy it was removed and I have to get my followup one next month just to make sure everything is still ok this was 6 months ago when this happend to me. Sometimes when we get things in our heads we start giving ourselves symptoms and then we start googling and making things even worse for ourselves. I'm older then you I am 43 I don't think u have anything to worry about but you will feel much better after you get the colonoscopy you can always private message me if u just need someone to talk to. Try not to worry I kno it's easier Said then done trust me. ?

• Posted

Sorry I am just seeing this. I have been in denial I guess. Symptoms are bad today and I made colonoscopy appointment for March 3. Abdominal pain and bloating and burning sensation in lower back to neck.  Thank you for thinking of me , it means a lot. Prayers to you 
    • Posted

Heidi I wish you luck with your scope and hope you do okay until then I know it feels long waiting but it will come fast
  • Posted

You will be ok just try and think positive. If it was cancer or anything super serious it would have shown up in the ct. it may be just something simple they can fix. Like I said if u ever just need to talk u can private message me. Please let me kno how your colonoscopy goes. I have mine on Monday I’m dreading mine but once it’s over it will ease my mind a little.
    • Posted

Praying that you will get the all clear. Please let us know. Thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.