I want to Stop drinking,my answer to life not in bottle,I am running fromantic reality

Posted , 8 users are following.

I have Barretts esophagus, Chronic pain....I wake up to takeight a pill and go to sleep taking a pill. Want to take My control back from Merlot,beer tequila. ..etc

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I too have Barretts I think it's the drinking that causes it not much is known have to have regular endoscopy to monitor but I've slowly returned to the drink and feel bad I have to gain control again

• Posted

Hi Karen -

Dont know if youre still around here, but Im going to finally stop drinking due to my acid reflux. I had it under control for a while with meds, but now they dont even help. I have been scoped 3 times, no Barrett's, but pre-Barrett's signs and gastritis and continued to drink. Now my acid reflux and gastritis is non-stop and I think is whats triggering my non-stop asthma as well. I hope you have quit drinking as I have. People with our condition just get much worse with the booze.

Best Wishes -

Keith

• Posted

I know of many alcoholics who have had Barrets esophagus. Some had to have operations then stopped drinking. Some had operations, then continued to drink - they are now dead. Please seek more pofessional help.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.