I want to stop taking medicine

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello guys

Hopefully everyone is okay

Would someone give me any idea to stop take clonazepam 2mg

I take it everyday before sleep

When i try to stop taking it i feel very depressive, helplessness, hopelessness, irritation, strange vision, how can i get out off from this situation .

I was patient of mood disorder

I took medicine for 1.5 years

Then i left except clonazepan

Yesterday night i took three piece of tablet .. N today i felt very anxious and faced derealization

I read also about some herbal products like ashwagandha kava tea and maca . do they work and how much somebody has any idea about it plz help me

I m very worried

I cant live normal

I m 25 and i have been 2 years to completed my graduation but i cant go away from home for any job or work

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi I would ask your doctor about coming off as you need to do it slowly to avoid the worst of the withdrawal symptoms.  If you try and do it too fast then it will be awful. 

Do you feel well enough to come off your meds?  I have heard that you need to be feeling better for at least 6 months before you attempt to come off.  x

• Posted

I understand you wanting to come off your klonopin.  The problem is you just cannot cut this out cold turkey.  What medication are you on? 

Just wanted to let you know I have something called mixed depression which cannot be treated with antddepressants alone, it must be treated with mood stabiizers too, and can sometimes take a long time to get the right combo.

You will have problems getting off the klonopin until you are stable.  As I get more stable with my long term med combo, I have been able to dose down on my klonopin.  Do ou have a psychiatrist?  If you are getting medicated by your GP, I would recomend a psychiatrist.  They have they have the expertise.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.