I was born with rhesus haemolytic disease before blood tranfusions began; this was in 1943.

Posted , 1 user is following.

I was born with rhesus haemolytic disease before blood tranfusions began; this was in 1943. A brother born before me died at seven months and a brother born after me died under the transfusion. I am wondering if others born with this disease have had a life which seems to have experienced a lot of illness. I was on this forum a few years ago but now with a new desk top would like to join the discussion again. My two sons, both born late had jaundice despite me being rhesus positive (group B). They said it was infant jaundice but I have always wondered if me being born with severe jaundice could have had some bearing on it. There doesn't seem to be a great deal of information about this.

I have suffered with depression a great deal as well as having breast cancer. I had to have a hysterectomy and my gall bladder removed and as four sisters (all older than me) never had to have a single operation I just wonder if the rhesus factor had anything to do with this.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.