I was diagnosed a couple of years ago with osteoarthritis in my knees now have leg spasms at night

Posted , 4 users are following.

A couple of years ago I was diagnosed with osteoarthritis in my knees it has slowly worsened but I've just got on with things and now on top of that I'm getting leg spasms at night and the pain is horrible. Are the two connected and all I'm prescribed is codeine phosphate 30mg adcal naproxen I don't feel any benefit from them.. 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I've not suffered from leg spasms so can't really help, sorry.  Is it like cramp?
    • Posted

My legs were jolting hard to explain but I couldn't lie still at all I'm so tired all the time 

• Posted

Hi

It sounds more like restless leg syndrome

Sorry never had it so I cant help. I've had 2 THR's and a fracture in my hip 4 weeks after the THR....All I'm on pain wise is Paracetamol and naproxen. Ive had this fracture 7 months now and still on crutches. Oh yes codeine 15mg at night x 2

I've got to admit I dont feel much benefit from them either.

Sorry cant help with the legs

Love

Eileen

• Posted

Hi, Is it cramp? I sometimes get terrible pain from cramps in my legs.  I try to stretch them although it really hurts and then when I think it's gone, I try to go to relax again and often find it comes back so have to do it all over again.  It's so much worse at night.  I have been given quinnine tablets which do help, when I remember to take them.  It's only when I've forgotten to take them for a while that it happens now, it used to happen every night.  I also found that there were some biochemic tissue salts that I used, and they really did work very quickly, but I can't remember what particular type they were.  If it is cramp, I'm sure a chemist or pharmacist would be able to give you something to help.  My doctor was quite facetious and said "have a gin and tonic".

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.