I was diagnosed with acute idiopathic pancreatitis!

Posted , 9 users are following.

It started out with acute abdominal pain a few months ago (almost like the pain of being seriously constipated) just to my right of the belly button and headaches but no pancreas area pain when touched by the doctor on first few hospital visits.

After the diagnosis, I was put on voikase (enzyme replacements), and since then there has been pancreas area pain and several hospital visits with no new findings. The pain comes back every few days and is excruciating.

My question is: what else could it be? The doctors were not confident to begin with and the treatment is not working. Please help.

Results since testing:

ALT levels of 55

tpld is fine

no gallstones

no lupus

no pancreatic autoimmune diseases

hurts to eat and drink water

normal pancreas CT scan

fatty liver

Drugs/alcohol:

does not drink alcohol

Remeron 7.5mg

clonazepam .5 twice daily

tramadol

topiramate 50mg

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I do hope that someone with your very same illness writes here so you guys can swap "stuff". Otherwise, the most anyone can give you is sympathy and that really will not help. I know nothing of this sickness except what's on Google and Dr Google does more harm than good so nothing I can do for you. Sorry.

• Posted

Have you tried coming off the enzyme replacements to see if they are causing psncreas pain? There could be a connection since you had no pancreas area pain before you were put on the enzymes.
  • Posted

Hi Jen,

I was diagnosed with chronic pancreatitis almost 3 years ago. I have some bloating and a slight burning in my gut in between meals and specially in the morning. I just started taking enzymes called Zenpep DR I have noticed that my stools are more complete than before, which means that I'm breaking down food better and absorbing more nutrients. What did your doctor think the reason for the pancreatitis?  After many scans and testing the only reason for me was alcohol. But, he wasn't completely convinced because I did't drink that much, many be a few beers here and there. Do you have any bloating or back soar ness?

• Posted

I Have just been diagnosed myself and am currently in hospital for it.

No high triglycerides

No gallstones -according to ultrasound

No alcoholism

I do have family history: mother with gall trouble & grandmother that has had bouts of pancreatitis.

Right now the focus is decreasing pain and inflammation.

It came on very quickly. I noticed some heartburn that I usually never have about a week prior to the hospitalization. Then abdominal pain that became unbearable within 8 hours.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.