I was diagnosed with COPD after contracting a very nasty infection in Croatia & I am struggling to cope with it.....help please!!!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Using Salbutamol as & when required but had to start steroids this morning as my breathlessness was very bad.....

2 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

it's all changing, they say it will be better for us, we'll see. I am in a comfortable little niche. Clinic about twice a year, Physio twice a year starter pack in the drawer in case I get a chest infection. The doctor is a couple of miles away, the chemist delivers my medication to my settee after I order it on line, they all know that I have a regime and will ask for help if I need it. Meanwhile I do my best to look after myself and am content with that. Please don't change it. Life is difficult if I move from my settee but I pace myself and manage. No good giving in for a moment as depression is a killer so poor me is a nono in my house.

Having said that I am totally dependent on my son to be able to enjoy what I have. He is a marvel and a good cook too.

• Posted

Lucky person though I can say I am happy with my lot. I ain't complaining about what I can do or what I have only about the long long wait fr the help when I really needed it. It took massive bleed into right lung before anything was even thought of being done and then another.couple of 5 day stays after the month. Now I get the treatment but I may not have been as bad if I had it before, but you never know .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.