I was diagnosed with Hypothyroidism nearly 3 years ago (...

Posted , 1 user is following.

I was diagnosed with Hypothyroidism nearly 3 years ago (I had a baby a year before this and doctors put tiredness, depressive symptoms down to giving birth!). Looking back I realise that I had lots of obvious symptoms for years before my diagnosis, including feeling cold, hair falling out and terrible constipation. I take 120mcg Thyroxine per day. Unlike others I have never gained weight, although I do try to exercise 3x week.

Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night with a shakey/nervous feeling inside my body. I wonder does anyone out there get anything similar.

[i:bffa474341]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:bffa474341]

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

i found out yesterday 23/03/06 that i have Hypothyroidism, but i have been woken up in the night with this shakey/nervous feeling and only the other day at work i had a funny turn that is what made me go to the doctors.

I know nothing about Hypothyroidism and i started taking my pils last night i only know that i hope i do not put on any waight as i am over waight at the moment and would like to loose some.

i don't know what my tablets are called it is all new to me i would welcome any information any one could offer

Thank Trudy :?

[i:bc8ba970de]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:bc8ba970de]

• Posted

Hi Trudy,

my advice to you is make sure that you insist on regular blood tests especially as you have just been diagnosed. My initial dose had to be increased one year later. I also have to take iron at the moment as you can get anaemia along with hypothyroidism so get your iron levels checked.

The more exercise I do the better I feel, however I do not feel exactly the same as I did before starting Thyroxine. I tend to get bouts of low mood but as time goes by this seems to be getting better. I would guess that taking Thyroxine as opposed to your body making it is not the same. Fiona

[i:d0f58febe5]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:d0f58febe5]

• Posted

I have been hypothyroid for the last two years, originally i had a tsh level of 41!!, and almost complete thyroid failure. i am only 24 now. i think if your thyroid controls the rate at which your metabolism works, i.e all chemical reactions in your body; surely there has to be a time when the demand is greater than usual. for example in a 'normal' person, if they are energetic during the day but realxed at night - do thyroxine levels change??

if so, surely being put on a fixed amount of thyroxine each day cannot be completely satisfactory.:?

[i:d36551252d]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:d36551252d]

• Posted

I too suffered the same internal shakes/tremors before I was diagnosed as hypothyroid. It was awful and I felt really anxious. Since my thyroid levels are treated I have had no more symptoms. Hopefully you will also get sorted in time

[i:b34ed777c3]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:b34ed777c3]

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.