I was diagnosed with lichen planus 1month back. Would it impact my sexual life?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi,

I am 29M, recently diagnosed with lichen planus and it is going worse day by day. Also i had plans to get marry in next 4-6 months. But my doubt here is., Will it have impact on my sexual life? This is expanding on my body and I had it on glans of my penis too!! I am depressed and frustrated with this desease. Please help me to find a way out of it. Any suggestion can be appreciated. Thanks in advance...

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Vijay

So sorry to hear you've joined this unenviable club.  I have Lichen planus and Lichen sclerosus.  I am not sure whether LP will seriously impede your sex life but I do know that LS most certainly will.  If you have been diagnosed quickly, you will probably stand a better chance of getting this under control.  I am sure you will find the information and help given on this forum to be much more useful than information from your doctor and hope that somebody will be able to reply to you with information to make your condition more manageable.  Good luck.  Wishing you health and happiness.

• Posted

Hi I was diagnosed a year ago with the same thing you have . It's on the glans of my penis also . So far it's not affected my sex life but mine is not to severe.  It seems to come and go . I did get some cream from a pharmacist in Canada that has helped.  I can't remember the name of it as I am not home right now . I will look when I get home if you are enterested.   Mine was worse in my mouth but it has gotten better .Wish you the best. 

• Posted

I also wanted to tell you mine was bad for the first 4 months then it started getting better. Had it on my chest and oral also

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.