I was doing well.....

Posted , 9 users are following.

I was doing well, having 2 or 3 days a week not drinking booze and no more than 4 alcoholic drinks on the other days. But I haven't had a booze-free day for 2 months now and I have thought that I will have 3 days off the sauce, i.e. Mon, Tue, Wed. But I doubt my resolve. So I'm posting this intention in the hope that telling you all my plan will help me stick to it ............

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I have done really well on Selicron , got through the initial bad side effects etc and now a few months later I find I am not drinking much at all. The problem with that is ( as I have said in a previous discussion )  the less I took the tablet as I drank les the worse I was feeling on the tablet and it is spoiling my enjoyment totally of having a drink in moderation.  After taking advise on this forum I approached my GP to be prescribed Nalrexone  ( similar drug - less side effects )  I have not started it as my GP wanted me to stop drinking completely for 4 weeks first ( rightly or wrongly ) then he will prescribe it.    Why don't you look into this ?

I will be posting how I get on in about thee weeks, after which I will have had Naltrexone for a week.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.