I was given cymbalta for my tn

Posted , 4 users are following.

But im afraid yo try it because i have heard that it is incredibly hard to come off of it after you get used to it any one taking cymbalta for tn

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Oh god, I'm on this tablet! Been in it for about 8 weeks and up to 60mg morning and 30mg at night. Haven't upped it yet to 60 twice a day. My GP said it was safe to take and has other patients on it. Can't say it's really helped a great deal with my pain. Will you take it?

Hope you're having a better week and the pain isn't as bad.

Paula x

• Posted

Maybe as add on to gabapentin but alone i dont know an for you it hasnt helped yet why not
    • Posted

No idea why it hasn't helped me. Mind you I've taken quite a few other meds and nothing has completely got rid of my pain (which I've had for 16 years-since I was 30). Maybe it will work better as a combination, if you decide to take it.

Paula x

• Posted

About 8 weeks. I should be on max dose by now 60 mg twice a day but staying on 30mg at night in case pain gets worse, then I'll up it. You feeling any better?x

• Posted

Im doing ok right now i feel stress makes it worse so i try an live my life as stress free as possible
    • Posted

Morning. I've noticed a dry mouth but apart from that nothing else. Thank god!

Glad you're doing ok now, was worried. I do agree stress doesn't help at all.

Have a good day!x

• Posted

I think taking pills is better than pain. I take 2 different antidepressants (nortriptyline and amitriptyline), gabamentin and sometimes opioids. I don´t think how hard it is to come off from pills as I might need to take them rest of my life. I am ready to eat in anything if it helps with pain and I can live. So don´t worry and think about coming off from it when it is time to do it.

• Posted

I do think about that because my body gets use to med way too fast an then i need to come off it would be really bad if i were super addicted to it
    • Posted

Ok then I understand why you hesitate. Have doctors offered you any other treatment also or only drugs?
    • Posted

Which injections? I was in a hospital last week to try injection with anesthesia. They could not do it because I am one of the 20% of people whom they can´t see some 5 mm big hole on xray. Some hole from where they put the needle in. That means that I can´t try to inject botox or steroids there either. Now they are disscussing what to do. They promised to call me soon. Thats so messed up!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.