I was just diagnosed with Bronchiectasis

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'd never heard of this.  I was coughing up dark red blood.  At the ER they took a CT scanand said that's what I had.  I am now in my 3rd "cycle"....... Every two weeks I'll get a bad pain in my lung, at least one cold sweat, a lot of fatigue to the point I can't even go grocery shopping, and I sllep about 11 hours for a night or two. I start to cough a little more than usual; Then my lung bleeds.  Thats my cycle.  So far I have not been able to regain any kind of strength. That's my main question. Does anyone have a fatigue problem?  Did you get help for it?  and my next question; Have you had cycles like this?  Did they "stop" for a while? (Like give you a couple months off?)  Thank you in advance for sharing!

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi there,

Unfortunately we all seem to suffer with tiredness, it comes hand in hand with BX.

We have good days, but the tiredness is always there, sometimes a little less.

And cycles come and go too.

When you sleep, do you sleep on the 'good' lung side? I've been told as it's my right lung that's the problem I should sleep on the left so it helps the sputum/mucus drain better?

I have days that I can sleep 12 hrs + then the rest I'm lucky to get 4. But that could just be me.

Gail.

• Posted

Here’s my difference; I don’t seem to produce mucus or sputum until the blood vessels have a rupture and then.... out of nowhere I’m choking/gurgling on a bunch of bloody clots.  And that only happens about every 2 weeks for the last 2 months.
  • Posted

Oh bless you.

That must be scary as hell.

What does the doctor say??

• Posted

Hi! I just saw your post. Even though I clicked on "notify when I get responses"..... it doesn't.   I havent gone back to the doctor. He basically told me that's my life from now on. My GP has to take over and give me antibiotics unless I get a fever. Or bleed more (lots more). Then he'll get involved again. Which I understand. As there's nothing he can do!

He's a dear man and I know if there was anything he could do, he would.  It's been 2 months since your post and I havent coughed up blood since.  Lung pain, coughing, easily tired. But no blood and no bedridden fatigue. THANK GOD!

May 2018 see us through much needed periods of wellness!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.