I was just diagnosed with genital herpes

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am a 15 year old juinor in high school. I was raped three weeks ago and this was my first and only time having sex. I am experiencing an OB right now and am feelng disgusting, lost, alone, and in so much pain. Please help me with some home remidies. I was given pills and ointment from my doctor. Anything I can do myself to dry these up faster? I am in horrible pain. My sores arent bumps, but are open flat wounds that are super sensitve to the touch. I am also currently on my period. PLEASE HELP

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Wow I feel your pain exactly! In fact I wanted to comment on your thread because the same thing happened to me...I was 15 years old in high school and contracted genital herpes from a boyfriend who cheated on me. It was the first time I had sex and I felt the same feelings you are having. First off, it will get better with time. Secondly you aren't disgusting or alone you had no control over the situation. I am so so sorry that happened to you. I couldn't imagine the pain you're dealing with. My suggestion for home remedies would be Epsom salt baths, unrefined coconut oil (antiviral properties) and taking it easy. Try not to walk/run/workout for that will further irritate the area. Everything will be okay! I am now 21 years old and I have an amazing boyfriend who loves me for me regardless of the herpes. You WILL get through this and think about talking to a counselor. I wish you best of luck. Lots of love
    • Posted

Thank you so so much! But since im on my period, how do you suggest I handle my outbreak along with that. Its very hard to keep the area dry because of my flow. Also how long did your first outbreak last and how bad was it? 
    • Posted

If you use Tampons I would suggest to switch to pads in the mean time and to change them frequently. Once your period gets lighter towards the end, lay a towel out on your bed and let it air out when you have the time. It really helps. While doing that icing it with an old cold rag will help the pain also. My first OB last about a week maybe a little longer. But with medications and keeping it clean you'll have relief within the first 3 days.
    • Posted

Thank you for the support and advice! if I have anymore questions would u mind if I reached out to you?
    • Posted

Absolutely! You can message me anytime. I would be happy to help and I'll always be honest and try to give you the best advice that had helped me.
    • Posted

Hi! sorry to bother you again. I was wondering how i should know if my sores are healing...right now they are flat white circles with a pink ring around them. I do not think they are crusting yet though. Does this mean they are healing or getting worse?
    • Posted

You're no bother at all! I was once in your shoes and I know how it feels. It sounds to me with what you described that they are starting to heal. Whatever you do, as tempting it might be do not pick or scrub them. Silly me, when I was younger thinking that scrubbing the crap out of my genital area would get rid of "the germs" lol. It only irritates more. Like the post below, keep the area dry and take the Epsom salt baths, it helps heal the sores faster and drys them out. Don't worry sweetly! They will go away. And it's different for everybody...but I didn't have an outbreak for 5 years after my first one but be cautious!
    • Posted

i know its weird to send a picture but i couldnt help it. I felt my description was too vague. Any advice? Ive been doing the baths as well as applying the oitment i was given and taking the pills 
    • Posted

Those look like they're healing. When they turn that color the sores are starting to heal. Keep doing what you're doing and they will go away! I know right now you just want them gone but it does take a couple days.
  • Posted

When you first get herpes the first year is the worst. You gotta make sure you take those pills everyday and when you have a break out like this you can take more for a few days to calm it down. Another trick is soaking in the bathtub 10 to 15 minutes for 5 times a day. Then when you dry off make sure you pat yourself Dry real good I understand you're on your period if you use tampons you can air yourself out.
  • Posted

When you first get herpes the first year is the worst. You gotta make sure you take those pills everyday and when you have a break out like this you can take more for a few days to calm it down. Another trick is soaking in the bathtub 10 to 15 minutes for 5 times a day. Then when you dry off make sure you pat yourself Dry real good I understand you're on your period if you use tampons you can air yourself out. By the way, I'm married and my husband has never got herpes. We only get together when I'm not having an outbreak. And it's just like anybody else. You just have to be careful when you're having that outbreak. There is light at the end of the tunnel! I hope everything goes well with you. Like the lady said you're not disgusting! It's easy to feel like that after what happened to you. Do something for yourself and realize that you don't find your identity through that horrible crisis your identity is special. You take care of yourself girl. Hugs!
  • Posted

oh bless you just wanted to tell you im sorry this has happened and us will try our best to help in any way

to try and get better faster your body will heal it self t its own rate but try eating more flesh food and fruit and another thing try and think possitive you will get there listen to your doctors take care

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.