I was on citalopram for a few days but I started getting...

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was on citalopram for a few days but I started getting nose bleeds so I just started 150mgs of trazodone yesterday and boy did I feel like shite! all I wanted to do was sleep so I slept all day even when I finally woke up I had no energy =( gonna try and take a half me thinks n see how it goes!!! here's hoping I'm also going to be coming off the zopiclone ahhhhh!!

[i:5863e2dc8e]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:5863e2dc8e]

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I too have been on citalopram for a few weeks but still had grat difficulty sleeping. I was given trazodone 150mg which I started taking last night and I felt so ill this morning. It was almost like the worst hangover imaginable. I was dizzy, had a pounding headache, dry mouth and I lterally could not lift my head of the pillow . I might have got a good nights sleep but dysfunctional the next day did not make it worth it!
    • Posted

Try 75mg. It gets better as your body adjusts to the meds. Trazadone and mirtazapine. Is a great mixture. Hang in there
  • Posted

i three was given citlopram, at first i had nose bleeds, lack of sleep ect but i have now been on them 4 month and i am feeling alot better, it did take about 6 week for them to start doing there job but i was advised of this when prescribed them. hope this helps someone else.
  • Posted

OMG! This was posted last year so I hope you are ok. YOU CANNOT TAKE TRAZADONE WITH CITALOPRAM they are counterindicated! They are both SSRIs and together cause SEROTONIN SYNDROME. your doctor should be shot!you have to quit one before taking the other

• Posted

In low doses you can. Like 20mg citalopram and 50 mg trazadone. It when your mixing high doses like 300 mg of trazadone and citalopram.
  • Edited

I took Trazadone along with Wellbutrin for 2 years and they were life saving. the best thing about Trazadone is it gives you SLEEP! I could sleep as much as I needed every night after a lifetime of insomnia, at first it was so powerful it first of all gave me mad munchies as though i'd smoked a ton of pot, and then it knocked me on my ass, completely unconconscious, but once I got used to it, it was heavenly. Its non addictive so I didn't have to take it every night if I didn't feel the need. I have recommended it to everyone I know who has depression or sleep problems. I recently had to stop taking it as the wellbutrin I was taking stopped working for me completely, and now I am on Celexa, which cannot be taken with trazadone. I already miss it as as I never feel as rested as I used to.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.