I was prescribed antidepressants. I've been taking them for 5 days, the makes me feel very weird...

Posted , 4 users are following.

Can any one please share the experience how does it affect you long term and is it normal to feel so weird at the beginning.

Thank you

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

All I can say is yes yes yes. I've been on 50mg for three months, i still get weird feelings sometimes, but it is decreasing a whole lot. My main issue in the beginning was anxiety attacks, they were not pleasant to say the least. But hang in there it will get better.

• Posted

Thank you for advise .

It good to know it's not happening only with me...

• Posted

It will most probably get worse before it gets better do hang in there it will work I have been on them a month and am seeing improvement. The only thing I am struggling with is sleep.
    • Posted

Thank you for replying .

Oh yes... I have sleep problems too.. can you take any sleeping pills ?

• Posted

I actually suffer from insomnia and the reason I am on them is to control my anxiety and insomnia.

I have been given sleeping tablets but I don’t take them daily I hate taking medication of any sort so even starting this medication been a big deal for me.

• Posted

Good luck to you . I hope you get better. I don't now about insomnia but anxiety is a real struggle.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.