I was taken into a&e on Thursday because my heart rate was high for 2 days...

Posted , 7 users are following.

I was given some medication to get my heart back to a normal rate and it worked first time thank goodness. Anyway they said it was an svt and I'm waiting to see a cardiologist. I feel pretty rubbish at the moment, a bit spaced out and worried it will happen again. Is it normal to feel weird after this happens? I'm thinking as my heart rate was 185 for 2 days my body might be a bit tired? This is all new to me so I'm freaking myself out. My chest also hurts and my head aches too. Could that be the medication? I forget the name of the mess but it starts with aden....

Please could someone give me some advice? I suffer from anxiety which might be obvious from my rambling! Lol

Thanks in advance x

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Sonia , I had an ablation done on Tuesday the 28th of October after having svt for 25 years I've been on sotalol beta blockers for the same time , it's quite a scary problem to have and never know when you will have an episode of svt I have managed it well but I have had a few trips to a&e to slow my heart down 

I think anxiety plays a big part in the on set of episodes and when it starts the anxiety seems to make it worse and you feel as though you may pass out , have you tried the bearing down method to stop the palpitations ? It does work and may stop you having to going to a&e are you on any medication ? This can make you feel strange when you first start taking it ,please let me know how you are getting on with it it always helps to talk to other people who have the same condition 

John 

• Posted

Hi John,  I'm not on any medication and waiting to see cardiologist. I think I've had a few episodes over the past year but they've always stopped on their own and were always put down to anxiety.  I tried cold water and bearing down but couldn't get it to stop. It was all so scary because I was trying to pull myself together thinking it was a panic attack but my blood pressure was really low so I could barely get up.

Hopefully things will settle soon.  Thank you so much for replying I appreciate the support smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.