I was tested for Addisons Disease

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone,

i was tested for Addisons Disease and had a Synacthen test which was normal and I was told that It was safe to stop using Hydrocortisone.  They also said if I felt unwell to come back and see the Endocrinology Team and to continue using Hydrocortisone.  The only thing is I stopped using Hydrocortiosne for a couple of days to see how it affected me and my symptoms returned. Does anyone have any information that can help me.

My symptoms were muscle weakness in my legs and fingers and hands and arms were aching.  I also have dark skin and my palmar creases are dark.

drocortisone

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Dark creases indicate adrenal crisis so take Hydrocortosine and see a doctor as soon as you can.These tests can sometimes be wrong or misread. Good luck and I hope you are okay
    • Posted

Thank you for your reply

I recently found a picture of myself when I was 20 years old and I am holding my hands up because I am dressed as a clown and you can see the dark creases on my palms in the picture, I am now 50 years old, if I had Addisons Disease then, surely something would have happened by now.  I would be very grateful for any more information you can give.

Thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.