I was told I have fibromyalga but I'm worried something els could be going on. Any ideas?

Posted , 10 users are following.

It started out as neck pain after I had my first child. It went away on it's own then after I had my son it came back a couple weeks later. It started out as an unbearable neck pain. I went to different doctors they kept giving me muscle relaxers and stuff for inflammation. None of that helped. I needed something for the pain. One doctor tried some Hydrocodone that didn't work either finally one tried Oxycodone and that helped numb the pain but doctors don't like giving that out so I had to go to a pain clinic and the pain clinic wouldn't give me the only thing that had helped so I found another as of now I get a monthly prescription of that and I see the OT at my pain clinic also get massage it's helpful but it's not enough. I'm getting a high tolerance to the pain killers and I want to get off them wen I run out I have nothing and feel terrible either way. A couple of different doctors tell me I have fibromyalga but I am concerned it could be something els or something in addition to that.

Here are my symptoms: I have pain in my entire body now. I always get knots in my neck, back, shoulders, it feels like I have some in my arms too and my legs. I have carpol tunnel in both wrists. My wrists are very loose also and make cracking sounds. (Also these cracking sounds are bad in my shoulders too and other parts of my body). I get terrible migraines all throughout every month. I get really bad hotflashes every day all throughout the day. I have no energy or very limited I feel exhausted for no reason and I'm tired all the time feel like I need caffeine just to live. With all this weakness pain and lack of energy it's so hard for me to do anything in life my marriage is failing I'm failing as a parent because of this sad if anyone has any ideas of what I might have or any treatment that might reduce these symptoms please please any ideas welcome. Thank you.

4 likes, 42 replies

42 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Do you guys think that taking naps almost everyday makes you worse if you have fibromyalga?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.