I went from 30 mirt to15mrt for 4 days then back to 30 for 2 days now

Posted , 3 users are following.

the whole time I was on 300 veaaflaxine. thr reason i went to 15 was because one of my friends was on 300ven and 15 mirt for 3years doing grea.after 4 days i felt more d epressd. anxiety was the same. the reason i did it in the first place  was because i still had aniety but  my depression was.better. now after two days back on30 i feel more depressed.i hve 2 questions.should i have stayed on the 15 longer or should i have stayed on the 30 and not experimented.I have a tendncy to go to what makes other people. feel betteri hope i did not screw up.any ideas will be appreciated.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

guess i should say i was 30 for acouple of months . iwas on 15 for a  fwe weeks and doc raised to 30. i guess i am as stupid as bad as i type.
  • Posted

Hi Harry. You’re not stupid. Depression and anxiety are harder to treat than a lot of other diseases. There is no X-ray or blood test to indicate the severity of it. Like your friend I have also taken 300 mg ven and15 mg mirt for 3 years and they work great for me too. Why did your doctor tell you to go back to 30 mg? How long did you take 15 mg? I know I have been told it can take several weeks for antidepressants to kick in and be the most effective. Sorry I can’t be more help. Good luck.
    • Posted

you are the friend I was talking about lol. I am always looking for the quick fix. I probably should have tried it for  little longer. Im back on 30 four nights and I still feel lousy. especially anxiety. did you have nxiey as well. i took 30mg for acouple of months. I was on 15 for  few weeks.probably should have stayed there. but my doc put me on 30. not even sure why.I dont ask enough questions.when I trid 15 again I only did it for 4 days.
  • Posted

Hi, your brain chemistry will be all over the place if u keep swapping doses. If u started on 15 mg stay there for at least a couple of weeks for medication to settle into your system. Then up the dose if need be. Try taking a 15 mg pill and half of another 15 mg pill , so that's 22.5 mg. That might be a more comfortable dose than going up to 30 mg. Your body will let u know what's right. Speak to your doctor too about alternative medication if mirt is not helping u. Do give each dose time to settle into your system though. Everyone one is different and on this medication for various reasons. There is no one cap fits all with this medication.

• Posted

Hi Harry, just another question. Are you getting help with your anxiety issues and depression? Not just taking medication for it? Seeing a psychiatrist and not just your doctor may help . Reading books on anxiety/ depression do help too. A good medication for anxiety is pregablin. This really calms u down and stops negative thoughts . Propanol is also good for anxiety sensations and is not addictive. Google both on internet. Hope u get sorted. Take care.
    • Posted

I see a cbt therapist Any suggestions on books. I have been on about ten medications at least. I have tratment rsistant deprssi. Do you take mirt.
    • Posted

Hi Harry. Yeah I'm On mirt but down about 3 mg a day. Been tapering slowly over 3 months. Here r some good book to read on anxiety/ panic. All available on Amazon. Panic about panicking, by Joshua Fletcher. The anxiety cure , live a life free from panic by klause bernhardt. Both books are easy to read and explain why we feel like we do when getting really anxious and negative thoughts. I saw cbt therapist too and it helped. The key is to just accept the anxiousness. It then starts to faid. . It can't hurt u. It just makes u feel awful. Remember it just u creating it and only u can stop it. Accept it takes time even with the tablets. The tablets take the edge off being anxious and help u cope with it.

• Posted

That explains why your friend sounds just like me. lol

I wanted a quick fix too. I felt so awful that every time I took a pill I hoped I would suddenly feel at least a bit better, but I found out it takes time even when the meds are the right ones for you. I am so grateful to the psych that took the time and effort to find the meds that cured me. I still take them and

I'm happy and enjoying my life. Try to stick with your meds, unless the side effects are too bad, and give them a chance before you try something else.

• Posted

thank you phillis. I will stick with the 30mg and pray they are the right ones. hey cerainly were helping my depession but not so much my anxiety. Did you find they helped more at night at the beginning.there were nights I actually felt  happy and then I stupidly tried the 15. they just were not helping the nxiety that much..then I read you and figured there it is. I am so glad you are doing so well. I know the journey,                           pray for m with love harry

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.