I will never be diagnosed.

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm 28 and it's been 8 years that I cannot lie down when I sleep. I have to sleep sitting in upright position. Whenever I lie down I feel like the food is moving, I get general stomach pain and discomfort and bloating, and if I don't change to sitting position I will have pain for 1-2 days with diarrhea. Due to this I cannot properly sleep at night. Everything else is 100% fine with me, it ONLY happens when I lie down. Also there are NO days where this doesn't happen. It happens every single day for these 8 past years.

This has changed my life to a nightmare and I avoid so many things in life including trips and girlfriends. I've seen 10+ gastroenterologists and all of them either did not know what my issue is, or diagnosed IBS.

I've searched through hundreds of websites on the internet and never found anyone suffering from the same condition. Even people with the worst IBS don't describe the same thing I describe.

Therefore this CANNOT be IBS!

I've done the following checks/treatments:

• Negative celiac disease
  • Negative lactose intolerance
  • Negative Helicobacter Pylori
  • Dicycloverine
  • Mebeverine Hydrochloride
  • Esomeprazole
  • Omeprazole
  • FODMAP diet
  • Digesetive enzymes
  • Mint oil capsules
  • Activated charcoal + simethicone
  • Natural treatments - ginger, fennel seeds, sage, etc.
  • Sports (gym)
  • Soluble fiber
  • Probiotics
  • Prebiotics
  • Calcium ./ vitamin D
  • Magnesium
  • Ultrasound (twice)
  • Various blood tests (including ASCA ANCA and testosterone)
  • Gastroscopy
  • Colonoscopy
  • Calprotectin test (stool)
  • Duloxetine (antidepressant)
  • Amitriptyline (antidepressant)
  • Escitalopram (antidepressant)
  • CT
  • X-ray (stomach, esophagus, duodenum)
  • Medical hypnosis
  • Psychologist

I am mentally fine, but this condition is breaking me down more and more every day, and I feel like no one in this world will ever be able to help me. I would pay a million dollars just to cure this. I wish a professional could see this and just tell me what else I can check for, because it feels like I've already gone to the best doctors here. My only hope is Google now.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.