I wish I could sleep

Posted , 7 users are following.

so it’s 5.00 am ive been awake fir 2 hours and my alarm is set for 7.Depression seems so much worse during the night and the lack of sleep is draining me. I’ve so many worries to deal with financial worries court action and family problems it’s hard to ever get some peace in my head

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Julie,

i know how bad it can get when depression rocks you out of any rest or mental peace. Try just to take everything one minute at a time. Don't panic and jump to worst case scenarios. Move slowly.

• Posted

I’m just so tired and worried
  • Posted

Such a horrible feeling, I use to lose sleep over my financial problems among other things but now I just completely ignore it. You can't pay what you haven't got so what more can you do? Worrying won't put money in your bank, all you can do is speak to your debtors & keep them updated. Easier said than done but try not to worry about things you can't control, that's wasted enegry. Worst comes to worst you can either declare yourself bankrupt if things are that severe or set up payment plans. They aren't going to throw you in jail (although sometimes I wonder if I'd be better of in there). Everything is magnified when you've had no sleep you can't think straight, so first things first get some rest! Physically & mentally, you sound like you just need a break. Look after yourself first x

• Posted

Thank you for your kind response. I’m asking the doctor today if he will give me something to help me sleep as I just can’t cope with anymore. As they say it never rains it pours x
    • Posted

That's a good idea. WhenI have bouts of insomina I take sleeping tablets for a night or 2 until just to get myself into a proper sleeping pattern again. Hope they help. Feel free to message me anytime x

• Posted

-asmr for sleeping(for me it's sounds like cat purring usually) bianural beats music for sleeping.

-a hot relaxing bath before bed, using the following smells/soap: lavender, honey, milk and honey, chamomile and lavender, honey cream lavender, lilac.

-a strange thing that helped me was watching a lava lamp as it bubbles and whatnot. (I have an old school type of lamp) for some reason that helped me.

-sleeping with a favorite plushie even though I'm in my mid twenties

-sleeping with my pet next to me (bonus points if your dog will let you hold them in your arms like mine did, or if your cat is a rumbling motor lol)

-sometimes I use a favorite TV show in the background to listen to or watch until I fell asleep (old episodes I've seen before, it's Bob's burgers for me lol)

-a change in mattress helps too sometimes

-a good pillow

Here's everything I've done, if all else fails, try a sleeping aid after talking to your doctor

• Posted

I am so so very sorry. I am going through the same exact thing. Same exact thing. In fact we are living in a hotel and have been for weeks. Lost our last home due to my husbands depression and losing his job for not going in. My son is a felon. Our credit is ruined so we can’t find a place to live. My daughter disowned me stating that I am a loser.

I am bi polar depressive. I don’t sleep without meds. My psychiatrist stated that we must have sleep. So talk to your dr about that.

I experience severe crying jags and depression my psychiatrist gave me antidepressants. They made a big difference. Talk to your dr about that too.

I also have an eating disorder. I starve myself. The meds that I am on took care of that. 

Please seek professional help. When you don’t sleep it makes the depression and thought process worse.

Please call your doctor ASAP 

• Posted

I too can’t sleep without drugs. Sleeping pills don’t work I take quintinpine (spelt wrong). It works sometimes I often have a drink before bed too. It is awful not to sleep. 
  • Posted

Hello, this works for me. If you wake up during the night, try sleeping on your front, on the floor, with a thin mat or mattress topper sort of thing. You want what you lay on to be firm but not hard. You lay completely on your front. This was as much muscle mass is making contact with the floor, which forces your muscles to relax. Also slows down your breathing and heart rate. Don't worry if you can't sleep, lay there for 30 mins, then go back to bed. I sleep on a very thin mattress topper. Sleeping on a soft mattress, is no good for me. My muscles don't relax, and the sleep is poor quality. Yoga instructors recommend lying on your front on a hard floor for tension and anxiety.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.