I wish I was dead

Posted , 5 users are following.

My life hasn’t been easy. I’m 41 single constantly struggling financially even though I have a good skill set (web developer) 

I have a horrible family. My dad went missing 21 yrs ago. He used to beat my mom. My brother is non existant in my life. And my mother enables me and put me down constantly.

I just found out I’m pregnant and my friend Who got me pregnant is ignoring me. I’ve had an abortion before and I needed up severely depressed for years (and I’m already depressed)

I also just lost my job. 

I barely have any friends and the ones I have never invite me out. I feel like spend 90% of my time alone.

If I killed myself it would take weeks before anyone noticed and I’m not sure anyone would care if I was gone anyways. 

So basically I’m 41 single pregnant and I have no clue what to do. Either options I have sound either depressing or more of struggle than I’m already in.

I really wanna Just die. I wish I would just die. I wish I had it in me to just kill my self ...

I feel completely hopeless and have no clue what to do.

Also, I’ve been in and out of therapy and it doesn’t seem to work. I also cannot afford therapy right now and trying to maneuver through the free options is such a headache so when your this depressed it’s impossible to figure out what to do.

How do I rid myself of this s****y life I have. I’m so over it.

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I have been where you are. I understand what you are going through. Every day I feel the same way. I have tried a few times to end my life. There's a lot of things that I have tried to help myself. Therapy and medication help some. Finding people who have depression is a good way to be helped. Because people who suffer from being bipolar and depression understand and can relate to you. You need to be around people. Don't stay alone with your thoughts. You need to be around people who are understanding. Get a hobby. Set goals for yourself. I realize that you might not have friends who understand. Your family members not talking to you about it. They don't understand what you are going through. There's a light at the end of the tunnel.. You need to seek it out. I don't know where you live. But there are programs that can help you.

• Posted

Hi lindsay75394 - in the human condition we establish a groove for ourselves - how we fit in and function in the world. Soon that groove can become a rut we get stuck inside digging ourselves in deeper. The rut becomes a gorge and the edges that used to guide us are now walls that imprison us. Change is difficult because we have become indoctrinated with world expectation, our self-talk and the coping mechanisms we developed in order to function. Tools we use on a particular issues become blunt and less effective. Change means the birth of new ways to live, but that birth requires the death of the old ways. At the moment you are in a position where you have very little, but that land you look out on is not a desolate waste of space, it's a blank canvass, waiting for you to create something new for you, and, in turn, the world. It's hard work, changing everything, developing new ways of contemplating life - it's hard work because it's worth the effort. First thing is your health - are you going to keep the baby? If so, you will have to arrange the future that will hold both of you. If not, then you need to get that dealt with and utilize any counselling that comes with it. How about joining a group that deals with similar issues? You will meet others who will not reject you because they understand where you are coming from. The first thing is to plan what you are going to do and then do it. Life is difficult, the challenge is to stretch to understand ourselves, those around us, grapple with the human struggle and ultimately survive. Giving up means throwing away that opportunity and no-one can say exactly what that will mean in your future. 

• Posted

I haven o idea where these groups are. I feel like I've searched high and low and I just can't find anything.

• Posted

Fantastic reply Wayne and I am awed by you.  You are very wise and compassionate.  x
    • Posted

Hi again Lindsay - you have joined this group and we are here to lean on. The answer is to keep searching - the internet makes things a lot easier these days. Something will come up. Someone will have the info you seek. 

Hypercat - thank you so much for that. x

• Posted

Oh Lindsay I feel for you. What a horrible time you are having. I listen to Joel Osteen an America minister. I am not very religious but he does give me hope. Maybe google him and see if it helps. Can you focus on the baby? It really is a gift even if right now you don’t know how you can manage. I wish I could say something that would magically change everything. My life is also difficult, right now I am looking for positives and trying hard to believe that a miracle is about to happen. Hugs to you. Please hang on for at least today. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.