I won't be beaten

Posted , 7 users are following.

Posted a couple of weeks ago on a rare flare that I thought I could handle. How wrong could I be !!! It appears I have damage occurring, and have been given Hydroxychloroquine to take twice a day. The pain and anger I have been feeling has been overwhelming. It's almost like going back to the beginning. Together with Embrel things should settle down. The frustration of 'suddenly' not being able to carry my Granddaughter or in fact peel a potato is huge. Although we don't like to take medications for life, I for one am trying to appreciate that quality of life can be improved. Here's to the next few weeks of trial with this drug cause nothing will stop me from cuddling my bubba. The fight continues......... xx

2 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi keep it up. This is the spirit. But every patient is different in severity of his condition and how he reacts to ra meds. In my case I try different combinations and even sometimes taper off the doses to avoid the side effects of these meds. Good luck
  • Posted

That's positive,  keep flighting and you have that Granddaughter to love and be close to.    We all have those down days    Things will settle down, it takes time.  The pain and anger we understand but just have to keep fighting!

Hang in there

• Posted

Hi Cheryl, It seems so unfair the way the body can be attacked sometimes. I remember when my grandsons were babies - they are now 10, 8 and 5 - that I could only hold them if I was sitting down and someone handed them over to me for a while and as for bending over to change a nappy, forget it. I made up for it later by always being the one who would read a story to them and now I listen to their reading and spelling homework and 'supervise' when they come over and make pancakes and pizza so I feel I am close to them as they grow older and they are quick to offer to help me when I need it which is lovely. Keep fighting on Cheryl and good luck x

• Posted

Hi Chris

Thanks for your kind reply. I'm feeling more positive today, particularly when I hear similar stories from people like yourself. The thought of my chunky little 15 month old coming for a sleepover with her 4 year old brother next week, was sending me into meltdown !!!!! We've agreed my husband will do the nappies and lifting and I'll do the stories etc. Result (with the nappies at least) xx

• Posted

So sorry for you cheryl, thats the spirit , keep widening your horizons and nurture your poor body too, its trying its best for you.  This too will pass. X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.