I would like some advice about ovarian cysts

Posted , 4 users are following.

Could I have a bit of advice please? I'm 18 and I was in agony for months, feeling sick, severe abdominal pains left and right and underneath my tummy. I went to my hospital GP last tuesday I was admitted Wednesday 12:30 am early hours of the morning and was put on a drip all night. Wednesday morning I was told I would have a CT and a Ultrasound to see what my pain was because the doctors didnt know if it was appendicitus or an ovarian cyst. Half hour later after being told I was going for scans about 8:30 am another doctor saw me, felt my tummy and told me that he wasn't going to send me for scans he was going to send me for an emergency operation that day. I went to theatre that day just after 12pm. I was down until 3pm and when I came round after the surgeon told me that I had many cysts on both ovaries but a few cysts ruptured and bled on my left ovary and that they had to drain the cysts and they had to drain fluid from around my womb and my pelvis. The surgeon also said he doesn't know how long it will take for the cysts to fill up again. I would just like to speak to someone who has been through similar things to me. Also now I am getting severe sharp pains in my right abdomen again and I feel very sick and I'm getting cramps in the top back of my right thigh and I feel pressure when I have to urinate like I have a full bladder but it won't all come out. Any advice would be amazing. Thank you:-)

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

What a hectic and scary situation! And you are so young, too. Glad the doctors were able to save your ovaries.  Bursting cysts can cause infection. The fluids in your abdomen and the pain you experienced also suggest an infection had set in.  The pain, difficulty urinating & unwell feeling suggest that you might still have an infection. You should go to your doctor and request antibiotics or a further assessment for infection.  
    • Posted

I'm going to go to hospital now I have rang them they said I need to go in and get checked
    • Posted

I have been to my GP and the Surgeon said I have to go back on wednesday if i have any more pain but go straight to A&E, hes going to get me a scan within 4-6 weeks. I asked him what cysts have I got because I have no idea and he said there serious ones which fill with blood vessles which is another reason why they rupture. He said to me 'I have to tell you something, they will definately rupture again' i said well how long and he said could be anytime so I said can it even be a matter of days and he said yes. He said my ovaries are full with cysts
    • Posted

oh bless ya heart xx I only have the one on my right and I get pains and bleeds all the time but u sound like ya going through hell... my only advice is to try and stay strong and listen to your body. if u think something is wrong then go str8 to hospital xx good luck chick
    • Posted

Thank you. It's just really crap at the moment. I'm not getting my periods at all either so I don't know if theres a lower chance of me being able to have children or anything I'm so confused xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.