I would like to comment to these poor souls which reflux...

Posted , 1 user is following.

I would like to comment to these poor souls which reflux esophagitis. I had all your symptoms but mayebe not quite so badly.Anyway, I received no help and was waking up in the morning with so much pain i thought i was having a heart attack, food didn't ease the pain. Nothing helped really. Then I decided to do some investigations and made some simple dietary changes that have dramatically changed my life and i am now completely pain free. All I did was to stop eating ANY simple carbohydrates. I eat everything and all but them. That is no bread (any color of bread), potatoes, cereal, pasta or anything WHITE. (white sugar, white vegetables) I eat all fruits and vegetables and nuts and meats and fish, actually anything but white foods and vegetables, and I eat alot. I cheat sometimes cause I love bread, potatoes and pasta and then I am REALLy sorry, so I know that this is the reason I am well now. Give it a try, Can't hurt can it. It takes a few days to start to feel better. I would recommend that you start by eating two full days of only well cooked vegetables and scrambled eggs to get you going and stop the pain. By the way don't drink milk for a while as that bothered me too but may not bother you. I drink milk now but not too much. God bless you. G

[i:25d8103814]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:25d8103814]

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I couldn't agree with your more. My diet is much the same (with the exception of nuts that really give me problems) and I feel soooo much better when I stick to it. I lapse from time to time and boy do I know about it. There is an added bonus that my arthritis pain disappears completely when I'm being good and staying off grain in particular.

[i:1c6ecc9cf8]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:1c6ecc9cf8]

• Posted

Thanks for the advise shall try it in the next few days.

I have suffered for over a year and am getting worse, the docter just lookes at my notes and gives me a repeat perscription of pariet (raberazole sodium tablets) so I decided to look up on the internet to see what I could do myself as I feel very let down by docters.

[i:03f1a58d17]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:03f1a58d17]

• Posted

I have been wondering about carbs for a while. I have been diagnosed with GORD for a year now & although it has improved a little, I still get bouts. It seems worse after eating carbs & nuts are a definite no-no. I will give it a go & see, after all, as you say, it can't hurt to try it.:D

[i:c3d4549a06]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:c3d4549a06]

• Posted

Hello, Thanks for the diet tips, just what I have been looking for. No more white carbs for me. i will respond again if it works. Thanks. Brian:D

[i:c7fd42a1bc]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:c7fd42a1bc]

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.