I would like to hear from some of you as to the severity...

Posted , 1 user is following.

I would like to hear from some of you as to the severity of your symptoms. There have been times when my lips burn, my hands tingle, the whites of my eyes turn red, and I feel like I can't breathe and am going to pass out. This has only happened when I try to eat anything early in the morning.

I was diagnosed with saliva stones about 2 years ago. I had surgery to remove two stones, but the surgery was done through my mouth, not from an incision on the outside of the jaw. I was told this could leave me looking like I had had a stroke.

[i:f2d22228c9]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:f2d22228c9]

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

i take that the symptoms u described are from before the surgery.

and i never felt any of what u described, just plain pain when i ate, and a swollen gland.

i am after the surgery and i would like to know how much time after it, u were able to eat properly.

• Posted

Hi there I have had the operation done both ways and I am a 34 old women and I dont look like I have had a stroke. You lose a little bit of feeling in your neck but after time you forget all about it. Your symptoms seem very severe. You have to ask yourself are you going to put up with the pain or have a little scar on your neck. If you do go for th op use vitamin E oil on your scar it shrinks it quickly. Good Luck.
  • Posted

I was diagnosed with a stone in my salivary gland in early November. I went through all of the normal treatments: heating pad, massage, sour candy but to no avail. AND THEN my sister bought me some Double Bubble Cry Baby extra sour bubble gum and I was cured. I put the gum under my tongue (almost threw up from the nasty intenseness of it) and lo and behold, the saliva gushed out like a faucet! I did not bite into the gum; it would have been too painful. I simply laid the gum under the tongue.

The swelling was completely gone by the next morning and I have not had even an inkling of a problem since then. Please try this remedy before seeking surgery!

• Posted

ive suffered this for 2 months and had my surgery 2 weeks ago to remove my gland.The doctors thought i had stones but after surgery he told me there wasnt any and that i had a chronic infection which at this precise moment i still feel i have

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.