i would like to know as much as possible about nerve damage that can be coursed by type 1 or 2

Posted , 4 users are following.

i would like to know as much as possible about nerve damage that can be coursed by type 1 or 2 . this is what i have been told i have . i have had it for around 30years .

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

It is my understanding that taking B vitamins help support your nervous system and try to prevent damage.  Otherwise keeping a check on blood sugar levels and looking after yourself is the best course of action.
  • Posted

Have you been told you have diabetes or that you have nerve damage. If diabetes is it type 1 or 2, how is it controlled and is it well-controlled. Diabetes if it is not well-controlled can definitely cause nerve damage
  • Posted

I had foot nerve damage for many years.  Some days extreme pain.  I was diagnosed diabetic type 2 in 2015.  I take 1 metformin per day, but have attacked the disease using my own research and experimentation.  Nerve damage may be caused by high glucose levels but also by high insulin levels.  Most doctors will not check for high insulin levels.  It is caused by insulin resistance, when the blood cells stop allowing glucose and insulin to enter.  I manage both by increasing my vegetable intake every day.  Then I eat only 3 meals per day and fast 3 hours between meals to allow glucose and insulin to clear out of the blood stream.  I can now work all day without even thinking about my feet.  To make faster progress, fast 1 day per week and only drink vegetable juice all day.  It does not affect glucose levels.  And plenty of clean filtered water every day.  John
    • Posted

ill try that jon and see how it goes its type 2 nerve damage whole body arms legs back fingers ext  started with very cold feet then just sped pain is crazy cant do nothing . 
    • Posted

I believe that Fibromyalgia and blood glucose/ insulin issues are related.  They all cause nerve sensitivity, but they all respond to mild stretching and exercise.  Just sitting around will just cause additional issues.  The pain you feel when you stretch and move does not actually cause damage, it just hurts. Stretch every morning.   Keep moving and increasing exercise.  It is the answer to many issues.  I can do mini sit ups in my reclining chair.  Keep it up, it is worth it. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.