I would really like to know what causes following symptoms? Cos even doctors been failing for years

Posted , 4 users are following.

Is there anybody else out there feel these following symptoms especially around summer to rainy season that ends during winters and you feel absolutely fine and healthy but they return back againno matter what you do?

Every year during april till october i suffer greatly with this weird condition that has following symptoms, First it all starts with hyper acidity then gas formation, bloating of belly, burping then it takes the form of indigestion and all previous condition stays, along with shortness of breath that get triggered by different sorts of food then you start to get weak and you start to panic and get depressed and doctors start to feed you some serious depression and anxiety meds and at some point after suffering alot you give in and start taking such meds but condition still stays and you complain a little less abouut it but condition stays... and it returns back the very next year, this same thing is happening to me third time back to back, is there anybody else out there who feels the same symptoms? cos I have tried everything they even tried to make it asthma, tuberculosis and some of the doctors knew but they never told me what it was cos medical system in the country where i resides is so freaking corrupt and they make it sound like a joke of your face while you suffer, for a fact I know it's neither asthma nor Tuberculosis cos I am living without any of those meds for 3 years also anybody would feel anxious or get depressed when he can live a day without internal suffering for years! if somebody can help me out or even direct towards what's the name of it, it would greatly help me. I am sorry for sounding a bit upset as I am typing it while struggling to gasp air. and trying to keep my indigested food inside my belly and not in my lungs or trechia or oesophagus.

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi It sounds like anxiety to me......I have similar and find when I eat sugar foods or drink I feel short of breath! 

I feel bloated in the winter as believe the comfort foods I eat need more digestion.,..during the summer salads etc take less effort to digest.

Hope that helps any 

Debs 

• Posted

Thanks for the reply Deb but I can assure you it's not anxiety as I am well aware of anxiety since I've been suffering from it for 10 years and just cos symptoms look almost identical it's not coming from mind and brain since wheezing is real, cough is real and I only freak out after dealing with shortness of breath for hours and light headedness cos of lack of air. Also a few times it got better after drinking warm water but not every time. It's not anxiety tho trust me.

• Posted

Have you considered allergies?  It almost sounds like allergies trigger your initial symptoms (given the time of year it begins), and then your fear and anxiety of the allergy symptoms create all the other problems; reflux, digestion, etc.

The next time you begin to have such symptoms, try taking some over-the-counter allergy medications.....

• Posted

I have tried asthaline since some doctors confused it with asthma they also gave me salbutamol over the years until i met with this one doctor. He advised me to avoid oily, spicy food and but he never told me what it is and he kinda smiled when I asked him " Is it asthma" he said no and even after asking him couple of times he just smiled but never told me what it was as if he wanted to keep playing his "doctor patient game" then i moved to some different city and idk if that doctor still exists but im sure he would never tell me what it is. Also in my country "health care" has turned into a joke for Doctors and they don't care about patients if they live or die as long as they're making profiit off of it.

• Posted

I know how you feel every few months or so I get symptons of shortage of breath, a dry cough and clearing by throat continually,  it is embarrassing and difficult sometimes being out of breath and coughing during conversations,  I always seem to have bloating, and have put that down to IBS over the years. I have been on Lansoprazole for a couple of years now and am now on one 30mg tablet morning and evening and occasionally experience chest pain due to reflux  but when I take half a Gaviscon tablet and it goes almost immediatly.  I truly believe it is allergies that cause my problem but I was knocked back by the hospital for allergy testing and they suggested that my Dr. send me to the ENT at hospital they  assured me by problems were all due to reflux.  I would pay  for allergy testing myself  but don't want to get a  quack, who do you trust, and like you I feel like I my lungs are full of fluid.  At first I was treated with inhalers to no avail and had the camera down, they took  two polys away and I am due another of those tests soon, I like you have symptons at the moment, fed up, but I have had a graving for sugar lately, is that the problem I ask myself, keep me informed of your progress.

• Posted

Thanks for replying elaine. I have been taking domperidone and its kinda working but problem is that we can not take domperidone for a longer period of time cos of associated long term side effects, I think this situation has something to do with dopamine and stomach, perhaps hiatal hernia also e pylori and stress, that's all I could figure out in past 3 years I've been suffering from this condition for longer time period than that. Wish I could know the name of whatever it is so that I could get a proper treatment of whatever it is. I will keep u posted if I find out whatever it is and any cure prevention whatever and if you do kindly let me know as well thanks once again for the reply.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.