I would recommend PAE ,no problems

Posted , 6 users are following.

I had my PAE done Monday 24th October 16 at the Fiona Stanley Hospital 

The Interventional radiologist was Dr.Kevin Ho ....they did a fantastic job

I had a 370 cc enlarged prostate.tye procedure lasted more than 4 hours,almost 5...

I was the first ever to have such PAE in Western Australia...

Today Monday 14th November 2016 I can say,WOW..it is 4 nights I do not have nocturia....and my horrible symptons have all disappeared...

I mean I go toilets 2 maximum 3 times a day....no more effort....normal voiding .....and I have a general imrovement on everything...

I am very grateful to the Doctors and nurses of the Fiona Stanley Hospital...I am almost speechless that I had such and improvement in such a short time....I will see the Doctors,Urologists and Radiologist in 2 months...I will be able to give better details....Cheers everybody 

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

PAE?  Is this something new?
    • Posted

Yes....Prostatic Artery Embolization....Pae for short...check it out on you tube and also in this site...have a nice day
  • Posted

Excellent!  What a difference this makes in your daily quality of life.  I had TURP on December 4, 2015.  A repeat operation was performed on May 13, 2016 to remove scar tissue by laser.  Overall, I am better than before, but the scar tissue continues to affect my urine stream.  With PAE you do not have to worry about scar tissue in the urethra or bladder neck.  Thanks for sharing your story!
  • Posted

Hi Roberto,

Great news! Thanks for your post.

How long did it take before you noticed improvement. Did you have any difficulties in the days immediately following the procedure?

Rich

• Posted

I could see improvement the soon after the catheter was removed; however, after about two months the flow started decreasing until I could barely void anything.  Was back on tamulosin and went back to surgery to remove scar tissue.  Had it not been for the scar tissue I would have been just fine.  At present, I only get up once per night.  Flow is fair to average, but my quality of life is not really suffering. 
    • Posted

Hi Scurry,

Are you referring to a PAE procedure?

Rich

• Posted

Quality of life meaning you did not have retro ejac?
  • Posted

Hello Roberto,

Congratulations on your wonderful results. Do you know any details of the PAE procedure perfomed on you? For example, how close to the urethra did the doctor embolize and how many arteries did he embolize? I had my PAE in the US 4 months ago but have not had any improvement. My prostate was 280 gm with no median lobe or other obstructions.

Do you know why your procedure took so long? Mine was 90 minutes. Did you have a catheter in after the procedure?

Continued success to you!

Neil

• Posted

Well,I do not know all th details you are asking me..I know,they told me that on the left side I had 2 arteries feeding the prostate...it took long cause it was the very first time the team did a Pae even though did other embolizations....I had a catheter during the procedure and until the next morning,and 24 hours later I had fever and 3 bad days...but no infection,neither urine nor blood infections,guess it was the stress of the procedure...but now,as said,I pass urine easily and no nocturia....o not know what about the sexual side yet.....no much energy at the moment..just so surprised my water works are better daytime and nighttime too..hope it continues to improve..best wishes to you all smile 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.