IBD, Biologics & MS

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi

Im new to the group, mainly found in the IBD group.

I am just about to see a Neurologist to investigate the likelihood of me having Ms. I Went thru tests 2 years ago but at the time was told couldnt find anything. Well things werent so bad symptom wise so i left it and concentrated on my Crohns issues. Now here i am 2 years later having severe symptoms again, but this time ive done more digging.

FYI my current (non Crohns symptoms are)

Severe internal tremors

Muscle spasms

Pain (especially after a night of temors)

Problems with sight on & off

severe pains in arm and hands to point i cant use them some days

MUSCLE weakness

exhaustion

Ive been looking into this and ive found a link with IBD & MS? Then when i dug further i found that TNF blockers can cause MS (Ive been on humira & infliximab).

So. Is there anyone here who happens to suffer with ibd and/or been on Biologics?

And, out of curiosity, do my symptoms sound like MS?

Thanks

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi there,

sorry you are going theu this. i will fill you in on my experience before i was officially diagnosed. my problems were aways at night. my left side (usually ms is one sided on your body) i would wake up with electric shocks down my left arm and down my left leg. then my tremors would start in my left arm. that would last approximately 15 min maybe twice a month. i dealt with that for about 2 years. i woke up one morning. Dizzy and my vision was off. i went to the ER and tgey sent me home with a diagnoses of virtigo. waited 4 days went to the eye doc and she said you have optic neurtis and nystagmusn and its a brain thing. headed back to the Er to get a acan of my brain with and without contrast. the Er doc got my results back and said you had a stroke. so the kept me for 4 days and ran a bunch of tests. they also did the spinal tap and founf MS leasions in my spinal fluid. so thers is my story. im gonna try to link a photo pf my eyes.image

• Posted

thank you for replying. This just sounds exactly like me. Im currently in bed with a splint on trying to type with sore blurry eyes and its not easy lol.

nights seem to be worse although i have the inner tremors all day. Then i hurt after them. mines all down right side, left middle sometimes but primarily right. My sight comes and goes & im exhausted. Could be months til i see a dr so best put my big girl pants on & suck it up!

• Posted

its crazy to think i was having all those issues and felt miserable and didnt go to the doctor. my gut tells me if i would have went when the symptoms started they would have never found anything. Ms isnt a death sentence. its more of a pain in the butt. you learn to deal with it. you have good days and bad days. when i was in ths hospital they gave me a very high dose of steriods. it helped alot. Hang in there and keep me posted

• Posted

well spoke to the Drs today and the first appointment for the neuro is in May! Then checked about the gastros for my crohns and they said 4-6 months!! Pretty sure id be dead by then the way my crohns is going on top of all these new "MS" like symptoms... HAPPY DAYS!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.