IBD help!!!!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hey alll so cut a long story short I'm under investigation for IBD I have suffered for so many years and just want a diagnosis what ever it will be so I can get the right meds and start living my life! IM 27 mother of 4 and I'm always stuck in with a flare up or in pain bla bla!

Well since yesterday I have flared up and it's effecting my throat again it's so sore I can just about breath, I take tramadol for pain daily which normally only takes the edge off but when my throat is effected nothing else! , I'm just wondering if any 1 else suffers with this due to there IBD? And if so what's u do to help the pain and swelling? sad

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I don't know if I can attach pictures? If I can , could some 1 explain how? Lol

• Posted

Hi Maria, I think it is acid reflux too. Good with your test.rolleyes
    • Posted

I should of explained it a bit more, the back of my throat is full of ulcers , swelling and like skin tag looking things? Xx
    • Posted

Check the nhs website for 'gord' it explains about ulcers there.

the acid from your stomach is hefty stuff.as craoh said, it can rot away your teeth.

have they referred you for scopes ? Blood tests and scopes are usually the first step in the testing.

good luck

• Posted

Yea, could be bad reflux. I had it so bad that my teeth in the back rotted. The acid is so strong that it can damage anything. I was taking Protonix 40mg twice each day to control the acid. It seems to be a side effect of IBD. I am 48 and have had IBD my entire life, but it took years before they figured it out. When I was 38 I had a flare that was bad enough to give me anemia and I was so weak I went from work to the hospital. They scheduled a colonoscopy and found out I had pan colitis. That is UC of the entire colon. My doctor at the time told me I need to have my colon removed. I told him no way! Give me Prednisone and it should get better and it did. I still have my colon, but I am now looking to get on a new medicine as Pred isn't working well anymore. They want to put me on Entyvio and I am glad that they suggested it, so fingers crossed it will work. So as you can see, sometimes it takes a long time to get a diagnosis. I am sorry, but if they have not made one yet and you have had a few colonoscopies, then that means your IBD isn't super bad and that is good news. I hope you feel better soon.

• Posted

Hey Craig thanx for you input, wow I have such a long road ahead then but they did say catching it early is the best! So fingers crossed it can only get better hey? Xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.