IBD or something more?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have always suffered with IBS issues over the years, however two weeks ago, I started with diarrhea and cramps which progressed to passing blood too. The blood is bright to dark red, there has been occasions where I just pass blood and mucus following an urge to go, and will have to go a few times in the space of half an hour before stool passes too. I get pain in my stomach and lower back during this, and burning/aching under my ribs. I've had blood and stool tests which came back normal, and also had an examination of my stomach/rectum which were also normal. I have been referred now to a gastroenterologist, with suspected inflammatory bowel disorder. Has anyone had similar symptoms? And can an IBD be there with normal inflammatory markers if it is newly presenting? Just worrying especially with there being a wait now due to the coronavirus.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

i feel your pain, i also have blood in my stool but cant be seen due to coronavirus.

Are your stools hard? maybe thats causing the bleeding.

• Posted

hi

sorry to hear that l have the same problems for many years now

l did the signoscopy test but nothing have been found maybe l need to do a colonoscopy now

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.