IBD - Possible flare up?

Posted , 4 users are following.

The last time I was on here was about 4 years ago & that was complaining about rectal bleeding, well a couple of years later it got really bad & I went to hospital to be diagnosed with IBD (they don't know if it's Crohn's or Colitis, but are leaning towards left sided colitis) & a further more 2 years of living life normally, no problems what so ever, however I think it's all about to change as I've been feeling nausea for 3 days, no appetite and just feeling a bit bleh, I wasn't sure if this was related to my IBD because my bowel habits have been fine. However last time I went to the bathroom I noticed orange like jelly on the tissue paper, wasn't sure if I should contact my IBD nurse or my GP.

Has anyone with IBD had a similar problem? Like could it get worse or is this a mini flare that I can probably deal with myself? I can't really contact anyone right now as my IBD nurse is away and my GP is shut. I need to decide who to call tomorrow.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

If no blood yet,

Remove all fiber so your intestines can rest

No red meat

Eat 2-3 coconut milk yogurts per day

Hydrate hydrate hydrate

Get yourself some MesalaMine liquid enemas from your doc, it's way better then any pills

• Posted

You should contact your G I immediately .. Don't let it get worse. He can give you  a suppository  for few days and it will get bettter.. but DO NOT DELAY SEEING YOUR G.I. DOCTOR 

• Posted

Thought I'd update, I called my IBD nurse the following day & left a message and no one got back to me, but of course the weekend had come around so there was no one staffing the phones then either, I basically ate bland food like pasta, rice, toast & eggs, took lots of rest, drank lots of herbal tea and within a couple of days I felt fine, so yeah, I basically healed myself.

Still don't know if it was a bug that maybe got to me or it was a teeny, tiny flare. I never saw any blood nor had any stomach pain so eh, who knows.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.