Ibs?!

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all... i really am at a loss at the moment. I have been in pain all day every day for the past 6 years. The pain cannot be taken away not even by the codeine I take. My doctors keep telling me I have IBS but I'm not sure. I guess my question is is it possible to have pain all day everyday from IBS? Pain that is so bad that you cannot stand sometimes without sweating with pain? I am feeling so helpless at the moment. If anyone has any information for me that would be fab 😃

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I'm not being daft here but have you been tested for fibromyalgia? Go see your doctor and ask also f you had IBS, you would have bowel and stomach issues. You need to maybe explain more?

• Posted

apologies.. I haven't explained myself well at all! Yes my pain is in my abdominal quite low down, also in my back (the pain in my back has only been present for about a year). Ive been tested for crohns and allergies which have both back come negative. I have constipation sometimes but it only lasts a day at most. Please let me know if you need more information 😃

• Posted

Look at symptoms of fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome / m.e.

Also hormones can cause problems with ibs. I now have the depo injection to keep my hormones regular.

Also have you had your gallbladder removed. If you have it could be bile malabsorption.

Hope this helps.

• Posted

hi.. had a look at the symptoms and some of them do fit. Nopes not had my gallbladder removed. Does the pill cause problems with IBS problems?

• Posted

Hi, I too have serious pain issues. I was put on codeine by my GP but in a referral visit to my local hospital I was told that apparently codeine makes things worse over time, and they recommended only using paracetamol. Giving up the codeine made me feel worse for some days but there has definitely been some improvement since. Back pain does happen too but is also a symptom of other things, so I'd go back to your GP and ask for CT and MRI scans to rule out anything more serious, if you haven't already had those.

• Posted

They have told me to take buscopan which apparently works within 15 mins. Taken 4 today and 4 codeine and the pain is still unbearable. The doctors are telling me it is normal but im not sure?

• Posted

I would be interested in hearing more. Have you had a colonoscopy or anything done as far as other tests go? I have pretty consistent pain myself all along my lower stomach area, but maybe I am a lucky one and it isn't debilitating.

• Posted

I experienced constant pain with my IBS for three and a half months. The intensity and type of pain would vary throughout the day. My IBS pain would often reduce when I was doing things I enjoyed and was not thinking about my pain After my diagnosis, my pain changed to come and go pain and my health anxiety cleared up. Before diagnosis, painkillers only reduced the pain but didn't get rid of it entirely. Now I find Buscopan and painkillers do completely clear the pain.

Have you had a definitive diagnosis of IBS? If you have, accept what your doctor has told you and ask for an antispasmodic like Buscopan and try to stay calm. If you have IBS, worry will aggravate it. If you have not been diagnosed, keep going back to your doctor and ask for plenty of tests to rule out causes. If you don't get help, see a different doctor. I saw several doctors to get answers.

• Posted

Yes it's possible to have pain everyday. Which was the same case as me. Not the food but the stress that I get every single day at work.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.