IBS?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi,

Recently diagnosed by GI doctor as having IBS.

I'm a little concerned by one symptom though.

Has anyone found it difficult to lie on their left hand side. It just feels uncomfortable if i lie for any length of time on my left which is making a good night s sleep difficult

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

maybe be more specific, what are you experiencing?

• Posted

had diarrhea and constipation, with niggly pain various parts of torso. got a colonoscopy and ultrasound. Nothing unusual discovered. now when i lie on left hand side it doesn't feel comfortable

• Posted

I found it painful to lie on any side with my IBS. I mentioned this to a doctor after my diagnosis, and he confirmed it was an IBS symptom. I didn't understand why I was experiencing pain when lying down at first, but felt reassured by my doctor. Pain often is on the left side with IBS, but the pain tends to move about to different locations of the abdomen too. Do not worry!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.