IBS?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all,

Been having symptoms for 18.months and not really got any answers.

I'm 44, female, 64kg, 5 ft 8, active, healthy and a bit of a worrier.

Started with heartburn and left sided upper abdo pain, GP said GERD, gave me lanzo and omeprazole, didn't do anything. I was super stressed at work. She said it was related. Started getting occassional yellowish stools and looser stools periodically. Went back to GP. Told stress related, had a bunch of bloods, all normal except a bit anaemic (heavy periods). Went back again recently and had more bloods, all normal except highish cholesterol and an ultrasound for my gallbladder. All clear. Now, a month on I have loose yellowy stools again and all over abdo cramps including upper left under ribs and up into chest.

No weight loss or other worrying symptoms. Any ideas? IbS? If I go back to GP not sure what else she will do? Oh I quit my stressy job and got a new better one!

Thanks

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

IBS!!! Usually stress induced. The color of the bowel movement is a big clue I had a bad flare of it for a whole year. The color is from the food moving to quickly from your digestive system. Might want to try some Imodium or even pepto sometimes can help. Stomach upset,bloating and gas are common with this. Hope you feel better. might also want to cut down on artificial sweetners,that really triggers mine.

• Posted

Thank you so much for your reply. Yes am very gassy and bloated at times too!

• Posted

classic ibs 110 per cent! go back to your doctors and tell them how bad it is! check about gluten intolerance or lactose. good luck with it all!

• Posted

this is exactly what im going thru but i do get pain upper middle and left side under ribs.. had an uktrasound but suppose to get a CT scan... my labs were normal except high cholesterol and my stools are light colored and are abnormal.. i have depression/anxiety so my stools have always been abnormal but lately its been worse .. its making me go crazy cause im thinking its my pancreas or liver or i dont even know just thinking its somehting bad because i feel sick also.. and tired .. the pain is under my ribs and i get sharp chest pain and pain in ny arms.. its an ugly feeling and i also get upper and lower back pain... i know thinking makes it worse but my mind is non stop going and going.. i noticed my ribs on left upper side feel a little swollen compared to my right .. hope you find answers im out of state until tomrw so its been even more stressful not being home and being able to go see dr

• Posted

Sorry you are feeling like this too Nicole. I have taken comfort in the fact that my tests have come back normal and from the reassurance I have had from posting this post and the replies. I too worry that there is something bad wrong but i have been feeling like this for 18 months so know I would be much iller if it was something serious.

Worrying definately makes my symptoms worse x

• Posted

well i had testing awhile back and they only did an ultrasound on my upper abdomen so i still need CT scan but i dont have insurmace cause my husband switched jobs so its a waiting game.. my labs did come back normal but that was like 6 months ago or longer .. i feel like i need to redo them.. the pain im feeling is different ... its like a dull pain from right to left side where the gallbaldder is .. idk maybe its becwuse ive been super stressed but like non stop for more than a year ... but thanks... i hope we can both feel better and fight this disease .. i woukdnt wish it on anybody

• Posted

I was diagnosed with IBS-D back in May, i started to have diarrhea every time i went to the bathroom for 2 months prior and could not figure out what the issue was, no other symptoms besides gas and bloating. I had an unexplained 30lb weight loss a year prior which i thought to be stress related from changing jobs. I have several stool tests to rule out parasites, bloodwork, and a colonoscopy right before the diagnosis since nothing was found. i have been taking Viberzi for the IBS and it helps with the diarrhea but no relif from gas and bloating sometimes. I dont believe bleeding is a symptom, at least not for IBS-D. Currently i still struggle with not feeling hungry at dinner time, I will feel slightly hungry but all the food I can think to eat makes me feel nauseous so I just end up eating whatever sounds not discusting. I have figured out through the past few months that tomatoes and any peppers (chiles, jalepenos, bell peppers) trigger my IBS and i will have liquid diarrhea even on the Viberzi. I hope you find relief!!!

• Posted

I also wanted to add that I do remember having very mucusy stool before starting the Viberzi. Are your bowel movements more loose or are you feeling constipated? Maybe the blood is from straining? I also wanted to add that I am a 27yo female and have never had ANY stomach issues before. Have you been to a gastroenterologist? 😃

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.