iBS

Posted , 4 users are following.

I wake up every morning at 6:30 in the morning with stomach pain and chest pain most of the time I have acid reflex and when I get out of bed it does go away but I cannot stay in bed I cannot go back to sleep because the pain will stay with me so it has something to do with  laying down now and take a nap in the afternoon for about one hour and I wake up with pain then to this is been happening for over two years 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

For a few years I would wake up with stomach/chest pain. Sometimes I would wake up with acid coming up my throat and I'd chock on it. I talked to my doc, they did a sleep study on me. I found out I had sleep apnea. They explained to me that when I would quit breathing my stomach would basically start pumping up towards my lungs to get me breathing, that's why I had pain and acid reflux.
  • Posted

in two years time.. you may have already visited your doctor.. what did your doctor tell you bout your condition.... acid in the stomach should be lessend, you may have already ulcers int he stomach due to this.. hoping you can find the best advise in this forum.
    • Posted

I do have acid reflex doctors have been no help whatsoever I have had many CT scan which showed a normal no blockage in the: one doctor did a blood test on  Ulcers  it showed I did not have one in the last two years I didn't know you could do that with the blood test but I guess you can I was taken to probiotics the last two years I stop doing that because that was no help I was putting fiber in my coffee for the past two years two and that really didn't help  I am taking sodium bicarbonate it for my acid I do not have any luck with doctors that all they know not explain anything to you of going to five gastrologist I have one thing on their mind   Make the big money on a colonoscopy they do not want to talk about anything else I took a 40 minute nap this afternoon will go up with terrible pain but it's gone now  But I do sleep through the night and I wake up five minutes later this the pain in my stomach and I could not stay in bed I have to get up and it goes away thank you for listening
    • Posted

Hi you would be better taking Gaviscon before going to sleep as it coats the throat and helps stop the acid rising up while you sleep. Also sleep laying on your left side which helps stop the acid coming back up from your stomach. Good luck.
    • Posted

hi vincent..it seems that I also am experiencing what you have right now.. I am so worried,can't sleep well at night..I have this bulk of ball-like something in the stomach and it adds pressure to the lower abdominal and the baldder area... sometimes I can feel bubble like sound and it reaches the throat area... I feel nauseated and have slight fever.I have painful sleep... I am planning to take probiotics and papaya later..actually I can't move around.. I need to support my stoch while walking.. I hope these sget away soon sad
    • Posted

Can not sleep on my left side my heart hurt to mush and I do sleep all nit long and wake up in pain

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.