IBS

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have just been diagnosed with IBS and going to try Fodmap diet although cannot cut out Coffee and tea. Has anyone else tried this diet?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Lots of people have done FODMAP and found it beneficial. You don't have to cut out tea and coffee on the FODMAP diet but be aware that coffee is a big irritant for a lot of people.

• Posted

Thanks for your reply.   I am 63 and have just got this.  I hav no pain so am not sure if it is IBS. I have been binge eating a bit lately and am going on Dukan Diet for a time. I have done it before and produces great results. Then I will try Fodmap.  It does seem rather restrictive though.
  • Posted

Hi pauline: I'm sorry to know of your diagnosis.  IBS seems to plague so many people -- I have IBS-A and have had it most of my adult life.  Unfortunately, I have stressed-induced IBS so the FodMap has not been something I could follow since one day I can eat somethong listed and the next I can't.  There is no harm in your trying it.  Just keep experimenting adding or eliminating foods, etc.  I little coffee and tea seems OK but as you go on the diet you'll find out what you can tolerate.  Good luck.

• Posted

Hi, Thanks a lot for your reply. I am 63 and have just been diagnosed with this and have no pain and am not sure it it is IBS.  I have been binge eating for a short while and am going on Dukan diet  fa while. Just protein for a few short days so that should tell me a bit about if I have IBS.  Do you drink cows milk? Dr told me to add goats milk or sheep milk to tea and coffee. How do you find out that your IBS is stress related. Poor you.I hope you are able to relax more.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.