IBS

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi everyone. 

I got diagnosed with IBS last year and I’m wondering if anybody has any tips on how to help ease it. I’m currently having a bad flare up and I think the trigger was coconut milk! I’m having waves of pain across my abdomen...feels like it’s squeezing but makes me bend over in pain when it happens. It comes and goes so pretty much every 6 mins or so ( bit like a contraction) lol. I’ve had it pretty much since I wasn’t young but it got worse after having my son so decided I had to have it seen to. 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Food diary and stick with it...if you want to limit flare ups...

Best of luck

• Posted

I would try a daily natural supplement that would lower your oxidative stress. I can send you some information if your interested. 
  • Posted

Didnt mean to hit the reply button after IBS stinks..lol  it stinks very much and can truly put a damper on your life... my sister has dealt with it for years.. i highly recommend a high quality easy absorb probiotic and a easy absorb multivitamin regime! I finally got my sister on board with me and started to heal 90% of our issues stem for poor gut health ?Your gut is your life center and it is soo important to get that gut healthy!  If you want any more information on the steps to take to heal your gut WHICH WILL HELP HEAL YOUR IBS please please please let me know !!! My sister can now finally live her life not worry about where the nearest bathroom is, will she have a stomach attack like you described too ... hope you can find a solution and im more then happy to chat with you
  • Posted

Try the Low Fodmap Diet or a food diary, try distraction techniques like a hobby or light exercise like walking or swimming.  Try an antispasmodic like Buscopan which can be bought over the counter.  Nurofen also helps.  Your doctor can prescribe you an antispasmodic if these don’t work.  You may have to try several. 

• Posted

I agree I had same problem, took flora 50 billion probiotic critical care and it was gone in 2 weeks.  Had it for over year and a half.  Took  1 box of cholestraymine,  prior to probiotic.  Need a prescription for that but it did change while I was on it.  Then stopped and took the probiotic... I can eat anything now and no problem.. give it a try.  The cholestraymine is for bile acid..the doctor said he didn’t think it would help but try it won’t hurt you....i did, then the flora brand probiotic, might help you..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.