IBS

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi all, just wondering if any of you have IBS along with your fibro?

I have had a strange vibrating feeling in my upper left abdomen which is also uncomfortable and at times i feel a sudden sharp pain in the same area, also noticed a few changes to my toilet habits.

Those of you who do have IBS I was wondering what your symptoms are and how the pain feels. Thank-you in advance 🙂

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hello yes there us a define connection with IBS. Your symptoms sound like gas. I have had IBS for years and just my opinion from my experiences. . But if you keep having sharp pain always rule out other things like gallbladder etc. Good luck..
  • Posted

I was diagnosed with ulcerative colitis. I was told it's a form of rheumatoid arthritis whenever I am upset one of the other will raise its ugly head. Recently I've had a terrible doubt and the only thing I can do to resolve bleeding is to just trying not to get myself is to make sure I do not take any Motrin.

• Posted

Hi I have had fibromyalgia for about 5 years I know IBS is a symptom along with so many others! I get serious pain on my left side and it can feel like a stabbing pain, I was told I have diverticulitis (think I've spelt it right) which I always presume these pains to be but maybe it as the fibro. I would advise you to get it checked out though. Good luck

• Posted

My IBS started before I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia it actually helped me get diagnosed. I have a colonoscopy this week, due to major change in bowel habits. I poop several times a day now, and have many sharp pains, along with alot of gas more than I ever have had. Also have started to see blood in my stool you should get check out I know I had to.
  • Posted

I've had something similar to this in the past and I do have some IBS with Fibro. I believe this is just an overreaction of nerves. For most of my symptoms a steady, gradual increase of exercise has helped almost of the dysfunction (stomach, anxiety, etc.) but I still get the buzzing in my feet. 

• Posted

Thank you for the replies, it's helped to put my mind at rest but will follow up with my GP.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.